PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown Says Gillette Bumper Music is Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, I believe the convicted child molester gets royalties every time the song is played. That is why the Krafts won't play it in Foxboro.

I never considered that part of the 98 cents I paid for the download went to him.:mad: All I want was a TD song to play at my house. I guess you can't back upload a download once it's been downloaded.

This is getting way to deep for me.:confused:

No songs with Cookie Monster vocals, please. My guess is you're under 21. ;)

You could skip the part where the children are singing. The band actually starts in at the 30 second mark. And no, I'm not under 21. I'm closer to 50 than I am to 40.

Last edited:
How about "tip toe thru the tulips" when Ahern gets a High step TD. :rocker:

NOT!!!!!!!:bricks:

Well, I guess I am in the minority because I actually like "This Is Our House". I was born in NJ, I guess they inject you with something at birth to make you like Bon Jovi and old Springsteen. I also still enjoy "For Those About To Rock", but I get to hear it when I want not every week the team walks onto the field; I could see you guys with season tickets getting sick of it. I remember they were playing "Put On" by Jeezy and Kanye West when the D was on the field. The D would get pumped (I especially remember Wilhite and Meriweather bouncing around when it would play)...and then give up a 3rd and 18.

Anyways, I thought I read that Godsmack was writing a TD song for them a couple of years ago. That would be ok. And I am very into the idea of mixing some hard rock music with some hip hop to bridge the gap between players/older fans/younger fans. Or, they should have every unit pick a song or two, and let the fans vote on it with an online poll. Hearing music at the game, after all, is for the fans as well as the players...they should both have a say in what is played.

Well, I guess I am in the minority because I actually like "This Is Our House". I was born in NJ, I guess they inject you with something at birth to make you like Bon Jovi and old Springsteen. I also still enjoy "For Those About To Rock", but I get to hear it when I want not every week the team walks onto the field; I could see you guys with season tickets getting sick of it. I remember they were playing "Put On" by Jeezy and Kanye West when the D was on the field. The D would get pumped (I especially remember Wilhite and Meriweather bouncing around when it would play)...and then give up a 3rd and 18.

Anyways, I thought I read that Godsmack was writing a TD song for them a couple of years ago. That would be ok. And I am very into the idea of mixing some hard rock music with some hip hop to bridge the gap between players/older fans/younger fans. Or, they should have every unit pick a song or two, and let the fans vote on it with an online poll. Hearing music at the game, after all, is for the fans as well as the players...they should both have a say in what is played.

I don't think anything came of that. According to this report he's almost done with it. Of course this report is from '06

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - GODSMACK's SULLY ERNA Working On NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS Theme Song

I never considered that part of the 98 cents I paid for the download went to him.:mad: All I want was a TD song to play at my house. I guess you can't back upload a download once it's been downloaded.

Well you only paid a few cents once. The Pats would have to pay it over and over and I believe the Krafts refuse to do it. Believe me, a part of me wants that song played too. Too bad somebody couldn't figure out a way to get the royalties to go to the guy's victims instead.

:confused::confused::confused: Shmessy, that is NOT stadium music. THIS is stadium music:

Andrew W.K. - Party Hard - YouTube

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

With all due respect, because I know you are the professional and I'm just schmucky shmessy :) , but to me, that sounds like a perky Mountain Dew commercial jingle.

Don't get me wrong - - I like it (It's very Cheap Trick/Ramones) and I would definitely buy their music now that I've heard that - - but it isn't "crowd participtable(????)"

I'd love to see Gillette replace Carmina Burana (which sounds like a funeral dirge) with Matchstick Men - - it's anthemic.

But "chacun a son mauvais gout"....and I've suffered from mauvais gout for a longtime!

Last edited:
....also I agree with the other posters who say the one song to keep would be "For those about to rock".

For some strange reason your post gave me a terrible mental image of an old man in Maine dancing in his living room on a Sunday afternoon to Rock n Roll part 2 in an open robe and boxers! :bricks:

And the rest of you can thank me for your own mental image! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey