PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown Says Gillette Bumper Music is Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown: It's not beautiful music at Gillette

"I really do think that they can do something with the music in Gillette Stadium," the former Patriots wide receiver said on 'Patriots Wednesday Live', later adding:

"It's a problem when you have visiting players commenting about the music . . . Several times, there've been several players [who] come up to me [and said], 'Man, what's up with y'all's music?' . . . Guys have a huge problem with that. You know when the visiting team's commenting on it, that it's not good. All you can do is shake your head and say, 'I agree'. "

So he's offering his services as stadium DJ.

"I think I can do a much better job than what they've been doing over there."

Last edited:
I have been petitioning the Patriots to play "Sweet Caroline" to start the fourth quarter for year, but they haven't returned any of my e-mails or regular mail.

I hope you just forgot to add the sarcastic smiley....please say that is what happened with this post. :eek:

That song is terrible and it is the worst thing that has ever happened to Fenway. Some People actually think that they have singing that song there since it came out.....

Was it Patjew that Suggested Bone Machine by the Pixies.

If not.

then

I suggest bone machine by the pixies.

Sounds like something I would suggest or endorse.

What about "Search And Destroy" by the Stooges?

On a side note....I didn't realize the players were there to do their best Simon Cowell impression and critique the stadium music. For some reason I had this outlandish notion that the players were there to play a football game. :confused2:

Maybe we found our homefield advantage, we know it isn't the crowd....its the music stupid! :amusic:

I actually think some Thrash metal would fit very well.

I have been petitioning the Patriots to play "Sweet Caroline" to start the fourth quarter for year, but they haven't returned any of my e-mails or regular mail.

It must have been banned when they outlawed child molester music.

I hope you just forgot to add the sarcastic smiley....please say that is what happened with this post. :eek:

That song is terrible and it is the worst thing that has ever happened to Fenway. Some People actually think that they have singing that song there since it came out.....

Maybe they could pair it with "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me...." Gillette could be the gayest stadium in the NFL.

I mean happiest...............

Troy has BINGO again!! WR, DB, PR, QB and now song expert. Is there nothing he can't do?:rocker:

I have the "Glitter" song as the official TD song played in my house.

The one played at Gillette sucks, just awful.

Maybe they could pair it with "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me...." Gillette could be the gayest stadium in the NFL.

I mean happiest...............

Really...I never understood how a sappy pop song by New York City's biggest hitmaker ended up as the Fenway theme song. Diamond sings pathetic pap for Long Island housewives, he should be banned from Boston airwaves.

My vote for intro song is " Kick out the Jams " by MC5.

Really...I never understood how a sappy pop song by New York City's biggest hitmaker ended up as the Fenway theme song. Diamond sings pathetic pap for Long Island housewives, he should be banned from Boston airwaves.

My vote for intro song is " Kick out the Jams " by MC5.

Kick out the jams, ************!

Love it.

Definitely some of the worst in football if not the. Really kills the atmosphere.

Maybe we should keep it the way it is...I mean, if opposing players don't like it, good! Maybe these songs get stuck in their head, they become overwhelmingly annoyed even more so when we score a TD, and then they get demoralized and play worse. :cool:

It might be kind of nice if they did a bunch of songs from New England based bands. From Massachusetts alone you could pick from these (I imagine the list gets pretty long with the rest of NE added):

Aerosmith
The Cars
Boston (the band)
Boys Like Girls
J Geils
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
The Dropkick Murphys
American Hi-Fi
Butthole Surfers
Godsmack
Pousette-Dart Band
The Del Fuegos
The Pixies
The Lemonheads
Cast Iron Hike
The Curtain Society
Pernice Brothers
Morphine
Belly
Dinosaur Jr.
Letters to Cleo
The Rudds
Mission of Burma
Juliana Hatfield
Buffalo Tom
The Neighborhoods
O Positive
New Edition
Taxpayer
Throwing Muses
The Breeders

Last edited:
As hard as Gronk spikes the ball, he needs his own TD music. Quiet Riot's cover of "Cum on feel the noize" seems like it would work.

If they play Sweet Caroline, someone needs to put a hit on the Stadium DJ....:)

The music, I suppose, is catered to the demograhic.....personally, I can't get enough of AC/DC. What I have had enough of is that attrocious Bruins Horn....enough with the effin' horn! Oh, and how lame is the PA saying....."that's good enough for a PatriotS"....crowd yells "First Down!"

Oh.....AN NO COUNTRY MUSIC EVER! I MEAN, EVER! It's the only reason I will not step foot into that new bar/resturant there....whomever the country person is....wait, I don't want to know. NO COUNTRY MUSIC EVER.

Last edited:
Troy has BINGO again!! WR, DB, PR, QB and now song expert. Is there nothing he can't do?:rocker:

I have the "Glitter" song as the official TD song played in my house.

The one played at Gillette sucks, just awful.

...stadiums don't play the Glitter tune because the recording artist is a pedo.....yet, O'Brien wants to be the HC of Pedo U. Go figure.

Last edited:
I've been a musician since the late 60's...love all music, all genres...BUT...Deus...c'mon man...have you ever read lyrics so friggin' stupid that they read like they were written while sitting on the commode squeezing out sparks?

Come on feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild!
Wild, wild, wild!

So you think I got an evil mind,
I'll tell you honey

I don't know why
I don't know why

So you think my singing's out of time,
it makes me money

I don't know why
I don't know why, anymore
Oh no

So come on, feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild

Come on, feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild,
get wild

So you see I got a funny face,
I got no worries
And don't know why
I don't know why

Oh i gotta sing with some disgrace,
I'm in no hurry
And I don't know why
no, no, no

Come on, feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
wild, wild, wild

oh, I gotta sing with some disgrace,I'm in no hurry, and I don't know why...HUH???? this makes Muskrat Luv sound positively Einsteinian

Last edited:
I've been a musician since the late 60's...love all music, all genres...BUT...Deus...c'mon man...have you ever read lyrics so friggin' stupid that they read like they were written while sitting on the commode squeezing out sparks?

Come on feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild!
Wild, wild, wild!

So you think I got an evil mind,
I'll tell you honey

I don't know why
I don't know why

So you think my singing's out of time,
it makes me money

I don't know why
Oh no

So come on, feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild

Come on, feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
get wild

So you see I got a funny face,
I got no worries
And don't know why
I don't know why

Oh i gotta sing with some disgrace,
I'm in no hurry
And I don't know why
no, no, no

Come on, feel the noise
Girls rock your boys
wild, wild, wild

oh, I gotta sing with some disgrace,I'm in no hurry, and I don't know why...HUH???? this makes Muskrat Luv sound positively Einsteinian

Do you really think people care what the lyrics to 'classic' hits are? Hell, people make up their own half the time.

...stadiums don't play the Glitter tune because the recording artist is a pedo.....yet, O'Brien wants to be the HC of Pedo U. Go figure.
Wrong! I've heard it at several road games, Denver being one. Glitter is a perv, not the tune. It has always been the TD tune and I have not heard one that can replace it so far.

I know that the NFL requested that it not be played a few years ago, but several teams did not go along with it or decided to bring it back.

And for the post with all the Boston bands- you forgot NKOTB. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye