Troy Brown Says Gillette Bumper Music is Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last night on CSN Troy Brown said he wants the Gillette bumper music gig. He said the music is horrible ... he says players from opposing teams come up to him and say Troy what's up with the bad music. he made reference to the 'I like to move it move it' piece. Anyways - Troy says if he had the gig the fans would definitely be more excited.

So what's up Mr. Kraft ... are you hearing this :confused3:

Ever since they ix-nayed Gary Glitter's tune, the music there is suck-a-trocious. It's like TB and Giselle picked it out while shopping for Uggs and listening to Kiss 108. :D

They started playing "Fight For Your right To Party" recently. The crowd actually gets into it and sings along.

I've always wondered if there is disconnect between what the players like and what the crowd likes. They play a lot of hip-hop which I don't relate to or have any knowledge of, mixed with some hard-rock standards. I'm a bit tired of the "Crazy Train" intro, Guns & Roses "Welcome to the Jungle," and the AC/DC cuts they always play. I agree it's time for a change-up, but to what is the question. For the team intro, I've always thought Andrew W.K.'s "Party Hard" would be a great choice.

I think I'm gonna agree with Troy here. I would be happy if they just played generic sports songs instead of "This is our house", which I swear kills the crowd after a fahkin TD.

I have been petitioning the Patriots to play "Sweet Caroline" to start the fourth quarter for year, but they haven't returned any of my e-mails or regular mail.

fingers crossed for loving you by minni ripperton.:rocker:

I think I'm gonna agree with Troy here. I would be happy if they just played generic sports songs instead of "This is our house", which I swear kills the crowd after a fahkin TD.

horrible TD song...hate it

Perhaps a polite request for Enya could be accommodated?

fingers crossed for loving you by minni ripperton.:rocker:

Ok for real - when I was a kid way back in the 70's I was riding home in the back seat of a big Buick with a bunch of girls from my Campfire Girls troop from our weekend camping trip and I suddenly got violently sick. That song was on the radio when it happened (particularly where she screams in a high pitched voice AHHH-AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH) and all I ever think about when I hear that song is that particular event, so I would have to vote "no" on this particular request (sorry). Funny how the same song means very different things to different people.

I do agree that the music is tired and "This is Our House" is a crappy TD song. I was finally getting used to the 1812 overture a few years ago and they pulled that too. Not sure how you fix it. I don't like rap either. I do like 70's disco (and 70's music in general), but I'm probably in the minority there. :)

what's a football game without a medley of ABBA hits????

They started playing "Fight For Your right To Party" recently. The crowd actually gets into it and sings along.

Yeah, this one has worked out okay.

what's a football game without a medley of ABBA hits????

I agree!

"There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando! They were shining there for you and me, for liberty, Fernando! Though we never thought that we could lose, there's no regret. Yes, if I had to do the same again, I would my friend, Fernando!"

We could play this at the end of a disappointing loss - can't you feel the football energy flowing! :)

How about eminem's "what I am"? kinda like a rif on "it is what it is."

Last edited:
Maybe over use some time but I would rather hear Hair of the Dog by Nazareth after a TD. Then again I hate the new music and believe that great music died when MTV came along.;)

Now that I think about it, I hate "This Is Our House" too.

Hummmm, No one mentioned " Louie, Louie ? " Def crowd pleaser :D J/k, but yeah, new tunes NEED to be played I think. This house needs to ROCK HARD and keep the noise up. :rocker: Any choices out there people?

I always liked 'o fortuna'.

Was it Patjew that Suggested Bone Machine by the Pixies.

If not.

then

I suggest bone machine by the pixies.

Last edited:
Also, bring back intro with the clips of 300 before players come out. The Live shots of the players walking out of the locker room doesn't work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back