Troy Brown Returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertil

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
according to Michael Holley...

ya

I just heard that too. Expect an annoucement tommorow! This is much better news from Holley than what he broke a few days ago. Welcome back Troy---looks like a farewell tour this year! :rocker:

Troy Brown is one of my favorite players and I'm glad he's back but his 30 receptions aren't going to make or break the Patriots. This is more of a PR signing than a football signing in my opinion. Like I said, I'm glad to see Brown back but I think he will have a minimal impact next season.

patriotsrule said:
Troy Brown is one of my favorite players and I'm glad he's back but his 30 receptions aren't going to make or break the Patriots. This is more of a PR signing than a football signing in my opinion. Like I said, I'm glad to see Brown back but I think he will have a minimal impact next season.

Ditto!

I can't see him making this team, that is assuming that they sign a few more WRs, great career, and one of the all-time best Patriots! However, I think he will retire either just before or during TC.

patriotsrule said:

I respectfully disagree.

With Davis and Givens gone, unless they hit on a pick in the draft, sign another FA, or Childress really steps up, Troy will be a larger offensive factor than he has the past three years.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Ditto!

I can't see him making this team, that is assuming that they sign a few more WRs, great career, and one of the all-time best Patriots! However, I think he will retire either just before or during TC.

Uh-oh...this could become the new "David Patten will never make this team" thread...

I agree, I don't think he makes or breaks our season either but I do expect him to make the team and contribute.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Ditto!

So true, with a stud like Caldwell and the potential signing of superstar Boerigter, it's a sure bet that Troy won't make the team.

Please, people.....

And now with Dwight gone, need somebody at receiver and need somebody sure handed to return punts. And don't bring up the Denver gaffe....playing up and then sprinting back to actually catch a punt isn't exactly a normal thing to do.

patriotsrule said:

His impact could be more than minimal. It's basically Branch, Caldwell, Brown and perhaps Bethel, should he make the team. And since there is next to nothing left in the FA pool WR wise, it would seem he might be in the mix more than we think, pending the draft of course. I don't think they asked him back thinking he wouldn't make the team.

Does anyone think we may resign Dwight? He seemed okay to me last season.

Brownfan80 said:
Does anyone think we may resign Dwight? He seemed okay to me last season.

Dwight signed a 4-year deal with the Jets the day AV flew the coop.

Just a thought....since Troy is so versitile...

Punt Returner
Wide reciever
Defensive Back

how about....

Field Goal Kicker?

this is good news

SoonerPatriot said:
Dwight signed a 4-year deal with the Jets the day AV flew the coop.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. Sort of a bummer I guess. He's a pretty good KR/PR threat too. I loved watching him return kicks last season. Very exciting. Good add for them.

glad he's back big fan of T.Brown

This makes me very happy. Nice to hear some good news.

Attachments

• colts **** you.gif
    colts **** you.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 177
This is not a "pr signing," the Patriots don't make pr signings. If they did, half of the double-digit posters here would still be in single digits. Troy's not going to make a huge impact, but he will certainly play a part. I'm glad he's back in the fold.

patsox23 said:
This is not a "pr signing," the Patriots don't make pr signings. If they did, half of the double-digit posters here would still be in single digits. Troy's not going to make a huge impact, but he will certainly play a part. I'm glad he's back in the fold.

I meant PR signing in regards to the timing. I don't know if you heard but the Patriots have lost some long-time contributors over the past couple of weeks. Listen, if we think this is all the Patriots are going to do at receiver, then I agree, Brown may have a big impact. However, if that's the case, I wouldn't be making hotel reservations in Miami. I am assuming they are going to bring in more receivers, that's why I said Brown will have a minimal impact. Because I think he'll be the fourth receiver. And if you think the Krafts don't care about the image of this team and don't do things for good PR, then perhaps you don't know the team as well as you think. Belichick may not care about public perception but the Krafts certainly do.

patriotsrule said:
I meant PR signing in regards to the timing. I don't know if you heard but the Patriots have lost some long-time contributors over the past couple of weeks. Listen, if we think this is all the Patriots are going to do at receiver, then I agree, Brown may have a big impact. However, if that's the case, I wouldn't be making hotel reservations in Miami. I am assuming they are going to bring in more receivers, that's why I said Brown will have a minimal impact. Because I think he'll be the fourth receiver. And if you think the Krafts don't care about the image of this team and don't do things for good PR, then perhaps you don't know the team as well as you think. Belichick may not care about public perception but the Krafts certainly do.

Since DG is gone, I think Troy may be back in the slot more than you may think. With the emergence of Big Ben, Troy could be a nice target underneath on deke plays.

Don't forget that he can play a little DB, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back