PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown on Comcast Sports with Felger

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just saw him on there. Great interview. Talked about Brady having to get over the fear of stepping up in the pocket with bodies flying at him. Carson Palmer had an issue adjusting and he wondered whether Brady would have similar issues.

Agrees with Wilfork playing during contract squabble. Shows loyalty to his teammates.

ABOUT VICK.....said he'd be all for him playing for the Pats. Feels team would be completely unstoppable as opponents game planning against the Pats would be immensely difficult.

Stating the obvious : it's always been very, very easy to root for Brown. Without knowing any of the inside scoop, I have to think he was more than a little hesitant about playing DB in the SB stretch drive. A proven vet, needing to do that, is usually recipe for disaster.

Brown would have none of it. He basically shut up and did his job. For me, that season cemented his legacy as the ultimate team guy. 50+ receptions during that time would not have been more impactful.

I have always respected players who'd rather have a role on a winner than be a star with losers (like so many pros would prefer over being a role player).

On the Vick front - I'd be interested in what other former Pats would say. I have to think Brown is not the "trash talking type". But... didn't Rodney also "ok" a Vick-to-NE move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes