PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown - Greatest Patriot of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjames

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Here's a little fuel for some healthy off season debate. Who is the greatest Partriot PLAYER of all time?

I have been thinking about this lately. From his strip in the San Diego game and then seeing the America's game series on NFL Netowrk. He was a huge part of the SB run in 2001. His catch and huge gain in the final drive against the Rams, Playing D-Back, turning down more money to stay in NE. Tough catch after tough catch over middle. Punt Returner. Pro Bowler. So many big, heads up plays, especially in the biggest games, amazing work ethic, one of the few players Belichick goes out of his way to praise. All this from an undrafted free agent from D1AA Marsahall

I am biased a little because I have seen his whole career and cannot really comment on a Hannah, or Capiletti as fluently, but I still say that Troy has made a bigger impact on the Patriots Organization than any other player in the history of the franchise. If you don't think so, tell me who has and why.

Tom Brady?

John Hannah?

I have to argee with you on this. As of now he is the greatest Patriot of all time. I am only 20years old so like you i havn't seen the older players like Hannah, but as of now he repersents this team very well. When Toms career is over ill make a new choice i believe, but Troy is the greatest pat of all time for my age and viewing time.

I'd vote for Brown too, also with the caveat that I haven't seen the old timers play in person.

I think the play that epitomizes who Brown is and what he means to the team came with just under a minute to go in superbowl 38. He had just been called for a push off, and the team was facing a first and 20. He made one of the most spectacular super bowl catches that nobody every talks about on the very next play. Brady jammed it in there where only Brown could catch it, and the reality is that it was a near impossible catch, but he made the play to make it a manageable 2d and 7, setting up Branch's big catch on 3d and 4.

It's hard to answer this question with a "yes", but even harder to answer it with a "no."

He's one of...that's enough for me.

brown is the ultimate teammate! the pats have many , but he's the best:rocker:

It's hard to answer this question with a "yes", but even harder to answer it with a "no."

He's one of...that's enough for me.

Great answer. He's definitely on the short list.

He isn't the best Patriots player, but he is the greatest Patriots player. He just does too many amazing things for this team to count, in too many ways to count. Could you imagine asking Chad Johnson or Marvin Harrison to play DB? He's truly amazing.

Last edited:
When you consider the positions he has played and played well, WR, DB, KR, PR and ST's (non-returner), he has to be the football player that the Patriots have ever had. I can't think of anyone else over 35 years who is better. Hell, he was even an emergency QB.

He would certainly would be a top 5 greatest Patriots.

Not to hijack but, welcome back, Dryheat. I thought you had gone into the witness protection program.

When you consider the positions he has played and played well, WR, DB, KR, PR and ST's (non-returner), he has to be the football player that the Patriots have ever had. I can't think of anyone else over 35 years who is better. Hell, he was even an emergency QB.

He would certainly would be a top 5 greatest Patriots.

As much as I love Troy as a player, I can quickly come up with 5 who would be ahead of him.... Brady, Law, Haynes, Hannah, Armstrong...should I continue?

As much as I love Troy as a player, I can quickly come up with 5 who would be ahead of him.... Brady, Law, Haynes, Hannah, Armstrong...should I continue?

That would be YOUR opinion.

Troy Brown is in the top 3 IMO.

Please elaborate

pukeface2.gif

Has he been the only Patriot to remain with this team for so long? The man is good all around and one heck of a football player and he is my fav. WR....and CB.

But....I'll have to go with Brady for all time Greatest Patriot.

Law? Well he was a hell of a CB, but how many years did he play for us? How many has Troy played for us?

Law plays for the money. Troy is always a Patriot, no matter what. Not as though he'd make big bucks anyways...

I don't even have to read the other posts before replying -
Tom Brady.

"Biggest no brainer in the history of earth"

Brown is # 2 behind Brady and just ahead of Capiletti. Hannah and Tippet are 4 & 5.

I would think Gino Cappaletti and John Hannah would be on anyone's "Short List" although Troy Brown is certainly in the conversation. I would also have Julius Adams and Tom Brady on my list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back