PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown deadline at 4 PM today

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEEI backpedaling a little bit in their latest bit

Reminds me a lot of the final cut day for the Patriots, an hour and a half past deadline and no news release yet.

Reminds me a lot of the final cut day for the Patriots, an hour and a half past deadline and no news release yet.

Yeah. I feel soooo lame for sitting here waiting on this. It's silly. But what can you do? First they play a close game, and now this!! They're toying with the fans! :D

PAYBACK TO THE MEDIA FROM MR. BELICHICK

Sirius NFL radio reported Troy Brown was activated off PUP around 4:30pm Eastern today. And awaiting the roster move to make room for him.

In the worst case scenario, how long could the team stall on releasing this information?

Does the NFL have to make it public by tomorrow? or the end of the week?

Sirius NFL radio reported Troy Brown was activated off PUP around 4:30pm Eastern today. And awaiting the roster move to make room for him.

Did they name a source?

And BB may toy with the media, but we fans don't deserve this :mad:

Did they name a source?

And BB may toy with the media, but we fans don't deserve this :mad:

No, but it was reported on their "2 minute drill" news update not in discussions.

Sirius is still reporting it at 5:30pm, stating they learned from a source he was activated.

Brown activated , Colvin to IR. per eei

Last edited:
I posted a few months ago that Troy was going to get cut. That info came from Troy himself via a few people. I'm sure he was way in the dumps back then and he has to be on cloud 9 right about now...as am I.:)

I'll be the 1st to admit that when Troy and Bruschi are gone part of me will go also . I'll always be a Patriots fan and the team will still be great as long as Brady & Belichick are here ... but Troy, Bruschi & (McGinest) were my guys ... watched them play many games with my kids when they were kids ... glad to see 2 still here.;) :D

Last edited:
What Can Brown Do For You?

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

Colvin to IR. Brown activated.

edit: also Kareem Brown waived, Chad Brown signed.

Brown this,
Brown that,
Brown the other thing.
What Can Brown Do For You Today?

Now i s'pose we get to see Chad play
the position he knows
... more of AD out there, at his forte ...
and even perhaps a Pierre sighting to come.

Re: Troy Brown

If something happens to Samuel or Hobbs.....

DONT EVEN TYPE WORDS LIKE THIS. THAT IS A HORRIBLE THOUGHT. WORSE THAN COLVIN TODAY.

I posted a few months ago that Troy was going to get cut. That info came from Troy himself via a few people. I'm sure he was way in the dumps back then and he has to be on cloud 9 right about now...as am I.:)

I'll be the 1st to admit that when Troy and Bruschi are gone part of me will go also . I'll always be a Patriots fan and the team will still be great as long as Brady & Belichick are here ... but Troy, Bruschi & (McGinest) were my guys ... watched them play many games with my kids when they were kids ... glad to see 2 still here.;) :D

Brown will be cut... and re-signed... and probably cut again.

BB has that luxury now with Troy signing him or other players on an as need basis depending on the health of the team and the opponent.

Even if cut Troy's not going anywhere and won't sign with another team - he knows the Pats will be re-signing him at sopme point.

Had they not activiated him today none of that would be possible but I fully expect to see Troy go from shadow to active roster on a week to week basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back