PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown deadline at 4 PM today

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyguitar

Rookie
Reaction score
What is the last day that the Pats have to decide what to do with Troy?
I know it's getting close. I'd love to see him on this team,but am not sure where he could fit in, especially with Gaffney playing so well last night.

Andy

Re: Troy Brown

Running Back?

Don't laugh, nobody thought he could play corner either, hehe.

Tomorrow....I look for Eddie Jackson hitting the highway.

He's probably an upgrade over Jackson at corner.

What is the last day that the Pats have to decide what to do with Troy?
I know it's getting close. I'd love to see him on this team,but am not sure where he could fit in, especially with Gaffney playing so well last night.

Andy

Tomorrow. And we could use him at corner IMO

I would Troy over Jackson and Baker.

i expect troy to NOT make the team. troy cant play corner, he is a slot cover guy first of all. he is behind gaffney and k washington due to his ST abilities.

i just dont see how cutting someone else is "in the best interests of the team"

i think troy was an option all along, in case a boatload of receivers or DBs got hurt. that option will probably not get picked up...

just my opinion. i love troy so lets hope for a differetn outcome

I would be shocked if the IR'ed him. He either gets activated to the active roster tomorrow, or cut and put on the shadow roster.

Can Troy punt? :eek:

Tomorrow. And we could use him at corner IMO

I don't want TB as a full time CB. When he played the position his duties were primarily in the slot. He's not a good downfield CB and now even moreso until he gets his game legs in a couple of weeks. I'm not against limited time playing the slot though.

Who would have thought the day would come where the talent on the roster was so thick that Troy Brown couldn't make the team. And we may just be at that point.

Looking at the 2001 SB team, how many of the skill players would make the team this year?

Marc Edwards*
Antowain Smith
Kevin Faulk*
Patrick Pass
JR Redmond

Troy Brown
David Patten
Fred Coleman
Charles Johnson

Rod Ruttledge
Jermain Wiggins
Arther Love

* = would make the 2007 team

I don't know where or how, but I'll hope he's on the roster tomorrow!

Troy will be on the roster tomorrow. We need a good tough veteran slot WR to spell Welker. You just cant replace the type of chemistry and experience that the TB connection has together.

As the weather gets colder, and teams try to mimick the Iggles game plan of roughing up our WR's, Troy's toughness will be extremely valuable IMO.

Who would have thought the day would come where the talent on the roster was so thick that Troy Brown couldn't make the team. And we may just be at that point.

Looking at the 2001 SB team, how many of the skill players would make the team this year?

Marc Edwards*
Antowain Smith
Kevin Faulk*
Patrick Pass
JR Redmond

Troy Brown
David Patten
Fred Coleman
Charles Johnson

Rod Ruttledge
Jermain Wiggins
Arther Love

* = would make the 2007 team

LOL - great post. I'm not even sure Edwards beats out Evans, but it seems like a good debate.

Definitely speaks to the incredible job BB/Pioli have done improving this team over the years.

regarding Brown, I can't wait to see him back. I really hope they bring him on as an all purpose utility man. How do you keep Eddie Jackson and not the 5th most versatile player of all time? ( as determined by the NFL network)

What time is the deadline today?

Brown will be activated. He's versatile and as someone else pointed out, it would be good to have someone in the slot to give Wes a breather or two now and again. Plus he's no worse than Jackson is at CB. Jackson might be the single worst player I've seen in a Pats uni in a long time, or at least since the Beisel-Starks lost season of 2005.

Being a slot-only corner is good enough. If something happens to Samuel or Hobbs, Gay moves to being a generic corner, and we need another slot CB.

I think the Eagles game showed both the importance of having a backup to Welker and the weak state of our current CB depth.

man if i were to see Brady to Brown this weekend that would make me a happy boy...chances are slim to nil, I am just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back