PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown and the PUP clock [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BINGO headed to the IR?

Like many, I am curious as to what the Pats plan to do with Troy. I don't believe he started practicing this week and they are quickly running out of time with him..

I'd hate to see him end his career on the IR.

honestly.... what would be the difference between releasing him than him heading to the IR. I don't think he would sign with another team. you'd still have him if you needed him late in the season.

the most intriguing player is Chad Jackson...what they will do with him and if he's made an big strides in terms of comprehending the playbook.

I also wonder if his game speed isn't as fast as his combine speed.

But if he truly is fast he could open up things even more for Randy Moss and Donte. If you look at CJ's career he really made his huge jump in year 3 of college.

honestly.... what would be the difference between releasing him than him heading to the IR. I don't think he would sign with another team. you'd still have him if you needed him late in the season.

Uh, no.
Once you IR a player he cannot play for the rest of the season and post season.
If you release him, you can possibly re-sign him.

difference is if we keep him on IR..he gets a ring. If we release him..he doesnt get a ring

Uh, no.
Once you IR a player he cannot play for the rest of the season and post season.
If you release him, you can possibly re-sign him.

that's my entire point... they should just release him

difference is if we keep him on IR..he gets a ring. If we release him..he doesnt get a ring

couldn't we theoretically just make him an assistant coach if you want to keep him invovled heading into the playoffs?

Like many, I am curious as to what the Pats plan to do with Troy. I don't believe he started practicing this week and they are quickly running out of time with him..

I'd hate to see him end his career on the IR.

I can't believe we're saying this after the 2006 season, we're too deep at wr. That still gets me.

Last edited:

Not true. He can get a ring if the Patriots want to him give him one, and he won't get a ring if the don't.

Secretaries and janitors can get rings without playing a down. WR Jarmin Eliot didn't get a ring, and he was on the practice squad and 53 roster all year. He tried to file a grievance but was told rings are decided by the team.

Not true. He can get a ring if the Patriots want to him give him one, and he won't get a ring if the don't.

Secretaries and janitors can get rings without playing a down. WR Jarmin Eliot didn't get a ring, and he was on the practice squad and 53 roster all year. He tried to file a grievance but was told rings are decided by the team.

well, rings over there are like the Grammy's, they're practically handed out.

They have until Tuesday to start his 3 week window of practice during which he does not count as a roster spot. Unless he can't pass the physical, in which case he goes on IR whether you like it or not, it makes no sense not to play his options out through week 12. Schit happens, as they say. And maybe Bill decides he needs some other options in the return game down the stretch lest his slot receiver and RCB (or someone else) gets worn down or dinged up.

And please, stop with the coaching blather. Few of these guys have any interest in coaching at this level at least. Too little $$$ and too much time. Vrabel is the only one who has expressed any interest, and he wants to do it at the college level - preferebly his alma mater. Troy already has a job here if he wants it when he hangs up his spikes. It's not in football operations, it pays more money than an assistant coach and it requires a lot less hours.

i believe the pats have until next wed to have brown start practicing.

And please, stop with the coaching blather. Few of these guys have any interest in coaching at this level at least. Too little $$$ and too much time. Vrabel is the only one who has expressed any interest, and he wants to do it at the college level - preferebly his alma mater. Troy already has a job here if he wants it when he hangs up his spikes. It's not in football operations, it pays more money than an assistant coach and it requires a lot less hours.

Actually, IIRC, some articles have said that Tedy Bruschi has at least considered it, and the old 'Fins biography for the Welker-bot said he's interested in coaching, too.

I velieve that teh Jacksons' window ends sometime after Monday night and before Tuesday night...BUT one will be activated for tomorrow...most likely Eddie. Troy I believe must start practice OR be cleared for that by Tuesday OR IRed. Most likely, they will start teh clock later rather than sooner..no need to rush him back UNLESS there are injuries. He may NOT beed all that much time really...look at Seymour..a few days and then back on the field. They COULD cut him...but that would also have him available on teh shadow roster as inhries pile up.

Actually, IIRC, some articles have said that Tedy Bruschi has at least considered it, and the old 'Fins biography for the Welker-bot said he's interested in coaching, too.

NOT in the NFL. Bru talked about college asst

Re: troy brown

I thought there was a three week window to start the clock?

THe Jackson brothers (Eddie and Chad) started practicing the Tuesday after week 6, so if the window is three weeks, we should have until Monday after week 9.

I thought I had read Reiss saying today (Saturday) at 4PM.

Today Tomasse is saying Tuesday.

I thought they had to start by week 9 which ends before Tuesday.

Does anybody know where the rules on PUP are defined (its not the CBA which is only concerned with how it impacts players compensation and seasons credited)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes