PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown..#50 all time In receptions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I was doing some research because I wanted to see where Bingo stands all time in relation to past NFL Recievers.Right Now,In Number of Receptions.We have Billy Brooks,Who finished with the league in 1996 playing for the redskins.He is currently Sitting at number 50 with 583 Career Catches.Our Man Troy,Through Sundays game has 544.He needs 39 to Surpass this guy to move into the top 50 all Time.Now,On another note Brown only has 6,272 yards all time recieving.Which is quite far off the current 50th Spot held by lo longtime Browns/Dolphins receiver Paul Warfield at 8565...Just thought It would be cool to see where our boy sits all time.I know for the league he hasnt been much in the way of a top anything reciever,Unless you go back to his 2000-2002 Seasons in which he hauled in 281 Passes for 3033 yards.Making him in 2001 a top 3 in Receptions,But to us Pats Fans.As it has been mentioned COUNTLESS times.He's the prime example of a patriots player.I just cant get enough of watching Bingo on the field,and pray he comes back for ONE MORE YEAR!.Just thought you all would like to see these numbers.BROWNFAN80..This one is for you bud..

Last edited:
Good stuff P4E!

Billy Brooks is 50th all time in receptions?

Yes,that's right.. Bump......as I believe this is good piece we need to read.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that Troy has enough time left in his career to get past those last 39 receptions. If he doesn't he's still #1 in my book, even if he is #51 alltime. Pretty great that he's even near the top 50, IMO. You wouldn't guess it, honestly, as he's never been a 'top of the stat heap' type.

ps: oops, somehow I'd mathed it up that Troy had 545 catches.. I guess I fubar'd it.

Last edited:
If we go on to win the Superbowl this year, my only fear is that Troy will then decide to call it a career. That's the only thing that would worry me about a superbowl win!

If I had the choice though, of course I'd take the superbowl win even with the threat of that looming!

Great job to Troy once again.

I really hope I can meet Troy someday to just say thanks for being him.... it is going to be a truly sad day when he hangs them up. hopefully he will be on the sideline though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back