PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy activated, Colvin to IR, Chad Brown signed [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with that. Last year yes, but this year we've been far luckier than most other teams.

Did you miss 2003 and 2004? I know we won the SB those years and that's all that matters, but it was a MASH unit all year long both seasons. Go back and look at articles written about how many different starters the Pats had to use both seasons.

This year's injury luck is officially over. On the plus side, my binky Pierre Woods will almost certainly get some reps at OLB.

Last edited:
Did you miss 2003 and 2004? I know we won the SB those years and that's all that matters, but it was a MASH unit all year long both seasons. Go back and look at articles written about how many different starters the Pats had to use both seasons.

This year's injury luck is officially over. On the plus side, my binky Pierre Woods will almost certainly get some reps at OLB.

It was impressive that we could overcome injuries like we had then and still win the SB but it still wasn't significantly worse than other teams. The worst year IMHO was the Pete Carroll year, Pats were dropping like flies then.

Perhaps Chad Brown sees some action on special teams, and someone like say, Woods sees less ST's, and more reps with the first team.

Chad Brown is likely to be inactive.

Perhaps Chad Brown sees some action on special teams, and someone like say, Woods sees less ST's, and more reps with the first team.

Man - what is it about Colvin and the Eagles... isn't that where he hurt his hip too?

As far as Troy, I suspect that he'll be on and off the active roster after this week. He's not going to sign elsewhere, and can be cut and resigned throughout the remainder of the season as the team has different needs.

Will Chad Brown be used to try and replace Colvin, on the outside (his natural position) - which keeps the inside rotation going as it has been?

Can Woods step up and enter the OL rotation spelling Vrable & Brown?

Can Alexander step up his game a little this year?

Are there any LB's on a practice squad or avaible as a FA that we can grab? Klecko? Huff?

I disagree about the draft - trading for players (e.g. Moss) has to be considered as part of the draft, and it was an exceptional move. As far as Colvin going down - you have to anticipate injuries. Now picking up Thomas seems to be a very farsighted move. I think they had a great offseason last year.

It was impressive that we could overcome injuries like we had then and still win the SB but it still wasn't significantly worse than other teams. The worst year IMHO was the Pete Carroll year, Pats were dropping like flies then.
Did you pay attention at all to 05??? Injuries were much worse than in many other years..MORE SO than any Carroll season..

What the Kareem Brown release showed was that the Jets knew what they

were doing when they traded up to get two real good players. From

nine players we drafted, only one player remains on the active roster and

he plays very little. Two other draftees are on IR and it is doubtful

that they would have made the 53 man roster.

Even though forum members will argue that we obtained SF #1 in 2008,

Randy Moss, and Wes Welker for draft picks, the fact remains that the

nine players we drafted were lousy choices. These players were even

worse than the players drafted in the Bobby Grier era.

I disagree - get some perspective! You are arguing that the Pats drafted badly because the rookies aren't able to make the limited roster and starting lineup on one of the most loaded dominant teams in NFL history?!? That some of them are on IR indicates that they had promise, I seem to recall Richardson showing something in pre-season before his, uh, "injury". Evaluating drafts at this time is ludicrous.

Put Chad Brown inside to spell Bru and Seau. I don't care how much he sucks.

They are old. It was the flu last year, they'll end up with pneumonia this year if they have to play all the LB snaps.

Re: Troy activated, Colvin to IR, Chad Brown signed

come on, can't believe Colvin is on IR, I had a feeling this was coming though. Sucks. We need Junior to play all season, that is going to be huge. Colvin was playing so good this season, has he played his last game as a Patriot?

Hopefully yes. Too costly and if Pierre Woods did so well as to win an offseason workout award I want to see production from him.

I wonder if Troy's been taking any reps at ILB?

Damn - you beat me to it.

What this means is that the Pats will start to win games 40-25 instead of 40-13.

Is anyone concerned with the increased playing time this will result in for Bruschi and Seau? Can they sustain that time on the field? Maybe the 4-3 is in the future.

I disagree - get some perspective! You are arguing that the Pats drafted badly because the rookies aren't able to make the limited roster and starting lineup on one of the most loaded dominant teams in NFL history?!? That some of them are on IR indicates that they had promise, I seem to recall Richardson showing something in pre-season before his, uh, "injury". Evaluating drafts at this time is ludicrous.

Only 3 out of 9 draft choices left to evaluate.

If Teddy or Jr get injured we're so screwed. Awesome news about Troy. We can have even more leadership on the team, if thats even possible. I hope he breaks one deep ball this year. that'd be sweet. :D

Time for Woods to step up. Bummed about Colvin, but this is an opportunity to respond to adversity. Let's go.

Unbelieveable! Colvin to Injured Reserve? The New England Patriots linebacker depth is wafer thin for the remainder of the season!

Why are they so secretive with Colvin's injury? Being on IR means he's out for the rest of the year, so why do they need to hide what's wrong with him. I still haven't seen what caused Morris to go on IR besides CHEST.

Bittersweet day - I was fretting that they would release Brown, which would be a horrible way for him to end his career, so I was delighted by his activation. As someone alluded to earlier he will be a great influence on the sidelines whether he gets to play or not. A TD would be perfect though (crossing my fingers:woohoo: ).

And then Rosey going down. One of my favourite players (well actually all the backers are). What I cant understand is all the subterfuge on his injury - if its bad enough for IR then there is no edge to keeping the injury secret. I would want to know if it is his foot (as originally reported) or his arm. If the former does it have longer term ramifications like Freeney's Lis Franc injury.

Guess its going to be a tense final weeks before the playoffs.

Last edited:
Justin Rogers...curse Dallas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill