Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trouble within Islam

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Onedaful, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Onedaful

Onedaful PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

A huge problem within Islam for sure. The jihadists and those who support Sharia law. Not sure what the answers are for them. We try to remove religion from government. Peaceful Muslims are okay with government/law as long as it does not interfere with their worship. The jihadists believe the only law is that of Allah and no other law supercedes that. Those who believe it does are infidels and what action they take is justified as they believe that is their god's desire.

I think the entire world needs to make a stand and reject jihadism and take steps to reduce their numbers however possible through laws. Not sure it is feasible but unless we see Fatwah's against them there is no other choice. Even if their numbers are reduced they will increase whenever someone needs a new jihad against a government when the corrupt hijack the religion to gain power.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,302 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

You can't take jihadism out of Islam unless you remove interpretative passages from the Koran. And that ain't gonna happen. Unfortunately, Islam IS the problem, because as long as it exists it will continue spawning radical zealots. It's up to the rest of the world to contain and police it and keep damage to a minimum. While peaceful Muslims comprise the religion's majority, they've done a piss-poor job of carrying the torch. Because of that they need to accept the consequences of being profiled and monitored.

4. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

Nice. So we have Tony "fanned the flames of sectarian conflict in the Middle East" shilling for Neocon/pro-Israel policies, taking a potshot at Islam and advocating for Syrian intervention and meddling.

This guy has no shame.

"For the children!"

5. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 30 / -34

organized religion is completely corrupt

if there is a god out there, he would not have chosen any of the existing religious leaders as the face of faith........

the organizers had a limited usefulness when humanity was figuring out reality

as far as I am concerned, organized religion is worse than all the AR-15's put together

6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +565 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

What do you believe the sane world should about jihadists?

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Harry Likes This:

I gave up organized religion years ago.

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Organized religion lends itself to power and corruption unfortunately.

I notice in my travels more smaller churches over the years as the big churches struggled. That really had to hurt their bottom line - as in the Catholic churches. Perhaps people feel closer to God in those churches as they are smaller, more personal and perhaps the members feel they can see what's going on internally in their church better.

9. DocHoliday

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

Stop poking the beast in the eye and they'll stop bothering us.

This is a political conflict, not a religious one and if you think it's religious you're gullible.

Our meddling keeps us on top though, so it's a price to pay. Just don't be petulant and expect the people we step on to bare it happily.

10. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 30 / -34

Actually the multi-denominational chapels like those found at ski areas work for me.......you don't need to be next to people who express their faith in terms identical to yours.....in fact, it is a much more serene setting with a much more hopeful aura which allows the moment to be much more personal.

11. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 30 / -34

Indonesia/phillipines never bothered them.....look at what's going on over there

12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

That's why i included sometimes they use religion to grab power ... some religions have advanced but that religion is the same in terms of power as it was thousands of years ago. Imagine in this country if Catholics and Protestants killed each other ... that's crazy but some Shia and Sunni do it like it's to be expected and it's justifiable.

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +565 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I would lay down a large sum of $$ that says if we stopped everything, 5 years later we'd still be reading about jihadists. And then people would say, "It's only been 5 years!"

So what should the sane world do about jihadists in the meantime?

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +565 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Or acceptable when it's clearly unacceptable to any sane culture.

15. DocHoliday

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

Do you really want me to describe in length the generations of 'intervention' the US and the UK have wrought upon the Middle East?

You think they're just going to stop? When you kill/topple governments/extract resources at the level of we do, you make sure their grandchildren hate you.

Why do people want the bomb? It's not because you're suddenly powerful enough to go toe to toe with the US. It's because once you are nuclear armed, no country is willing to topple your government and invade you.

Again, if you think this is some religious war you're gullible. Maybe the foot soldiers believe in this stuff (how else can you brainwash someone into a political pawn?), but you don't really think the big money financing Al Qaeda et all are just religious freaks do you?

This is politics. A game. It's what got us to the top, and as long as we're on top people will be nipping at our feet. Don't hate them for resenting being stepped on.

Google Wahhabism and see who encouraged it's growth.

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +565 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I agree with your points on the root causes of jihad....but I don't agree that we just have to accept retaliation for generations to come. And for that reason, some nations have to develop plans on how to deal wtih them.

Just because politics are the root cause....jihad has been copied by other Islamic societies as others have pointed out. So if we read about a radical Islamic attack in Indonesia, we also know it can't be about the US or England oppressing their people.

So we know the reasons they formed, the important question that needs to be answered is how do we put end to it quickly?

17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

They go back as many hundreds and thousands of years as they need to justify their actions ... so no way to win ... you're right.

18. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Re: Re: Trouble within Islam

Re Indonesia... Not entirely true. The US backed Suharto for the better part of his 31 year reign (because he was an ardent anti communist).

Suharto ran a ruthless, oppressive military junta.... So in the eyes of many locals... It could be argued the US oppressed them by proxy....

Note that I am not justifying Islamic attacks.... Just that isn't as easy to say well the US never oppressed the people of Indonesia... Indirectly.... We kinda did

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I agree with a lot 0f what Doc Holiday says, I say "stay the hell away from that stinking slaughter land known as the Middle East, they love to kill each other let them go to it, if we stay out of their killing and if we keep all of our people out of the place and they still attack us then Nuke The Bastards right off the face of the earth.

LET THEM KILL EACH OTHER, THEY SEEM TO ENJOY IT.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

If only that were the case.