PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trivia Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What team have the Patriots faced most often on Monday Night Football?

PS: I won a TV contest by getting this correct a few years ago.
PSS: Don't cheat! IE: no search engines, or use of external websites. You shouldn't need to anyways.
I'll say the Colts. From between being former division rivals, and the rivalry that has continued since they trotted off into the South.

I'll try the Cowboys. Now I'm going to look....

Monday night...not Sunday. Broncos.

I'll try the Cowboys. Now I'm going to look....
Any NFC team is a silly guess, they just don't play any of them that often at all, neve rmind Monday Night. A wise guess would have been a division rival (or former division rival like the Colts :) ).

Late to the party but I guessed Dolphins correctly, then guessed 6 incorrectly, now I'll say 3-6 since most of the 9 were probably pre-2001.

Late to the party but I guessed Dolphins correctly, then guessed 6 incorrectly, now I'll say 3-6 since most of the 9 were probably pre-2001.

Close, they've won four, and lost five against the Dolphins on Monday Night Football. The funny thing? The only time they've played the Dolphins from 2000-2007 was a loss in 2004.

Any NFC team is a silly guess, they just don't play any of them that often at all, neve rmind Monday Night. A wise guess would have been a division rival (or former division rival like the Colts :) ).

Not really. We've played the Cowboys more times on Monday night than we have most AFC teams, I think.

Not really. We've played the Cowboys more times on Monday night than we have most AFC teams, I think.

I think godef's point was that the Pats play Mia,Buf and NYJ 6 times for every time that they play an NFC team over a three year period so it stands to reason that they are more likely to play a divisional rival than an out of conference team.....

I think godef's point was that the Pats play Mia,Buf and NYJ 6 times for every time that they play an NFC team over a three year period so it stands to reason that they are more likely to play a divisional rival than an out of conference team.....

And I'm saying this hasn't happened for the subset of games that are Monday Night Football.

My first inclination would be the Jets or Dolphins. Division rivalries seem more likely, especially when both teams are good

>>>Not really. We've played the Cowboys more times on Monday night than we have most AFC teams, I think.>>>

And I'm saying this hasn't happened for the subset of games that are Monday Night Football.

I don't know what subset you're looking at, but it's not MNF.
Pats have played 36 games on MNF and only 1 has been against the Cowboys

Opponent/number of times played on MNF
MIA 9
NYJ 6
Den 4
GB 2
Pitt 2
KC 2
Colts 3 (2 in Balt, 1 in Indy)
Hou 1
Clev 1
Buf 1
Tenn 1
Ravens 1
Minn 1
Cinn 1
Dallas 1

Only 4 of the 36 were vs NFC teams (GB/2 Minn,Dal) and 18 were versus divisional rivals (mia/9, NYJ/6 Balt Colts 2 and Buf 1)
For the record, the Pats have only played the Cowboys 10 times total since 1971..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back