Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trivia question

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 19 / -8

#3 Jersey

Excluding UDFAs, who are the five youngest players currently on the Patriots roster?

2. Schmo

Schmo Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

If one of them STILL includes James Sanders, I'm going to be a little upset/giddy.

3. ricogatenby99

ricogatenby99 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know Hernandez was born late in '89

4. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -13

There's probably not a lot of interest in this thread because anyone can find the answer with two clicks (one on the Pats web page, two on "Roster").

Anyway, I don't have time this morning to figure out who are youngest, but here's a link to check your guesses if you do. :D

Print Friendly Document

5. eom

eom In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -2

after checking that list I'd say this was rather anticlimactic.

although, it's kind of funny holt's not givin' up his dob --- he's like one of those south american ball players who gets picked up by the majors.

6. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,531 / 19 / -8

#3 Jersey

Yeah, I suppose it is a bit anticlimactic, until you stop and think about the answer for a moment.

But, in any case, from youngest to oldest:

Aaron Hernandez
    Rob Gronkowski
    Jermaine Cunningham
    Taylor Price

and

Brandon Tate(!)

Yes, four of the five youngest guys on the team (all of these players should make the roster this year) are guys who should be catching passes from TFB this year.

7. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

That would be more than a little scary if I didn't know he also has Vets like Moss, Welker, Holt, and Patten to chose from too.

8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Or the fact that a few of them were in elementary school when TFB was a rookie......

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  9. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Does anybody really expect Patten to make the team? If he does, it would be a sad, sad commentary on the abilities of our WR group.

10. signbabybrady

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I am a huge Patten fan and even I would say his chances are slim.

But he could land a spot if Welker starts the year on PUP or if and I highly doubt this one but if Holt pulled a Galloway.

To me Moss, Welker, Edelman, Price, Tate, and Holt would be locks for the team and that is 6 right there with Aiken and Patten and some other unlikely canidates. So Welker on IR would allow for Patten or Aiken to pottentially make the squad though 6 is a high number as is.

11. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Aiken and Isaiah Stanbach have some value on special teams and/or backup quarterback. Unfortunately Patten only provides one element: outside receiver, and considering he's been out of football the last year or two, it's questionable how good he is at that anymore.

I've never been in the "Bring Deion Back" camp, but if cut by Seattle, he would make more sense as Welker insurance if Edelman stumbles.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  12. signbabybrady

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I see your point but I also think it is important to note that Price and Tate will likely be playing a bunch of STs so there is less of a need for Patten to. still gives an edge to Aiken or Stanbach. To me Pattens best chance would be to beat out Holt as they both were brought in as the Vet pressance for Brady and again even me a nig Patten fan doesn't see this happening.

Ideally Welker is ready week one and Holt works out. Giving you Moss, Holt, and Welker as the top 3 and Edelman as the key reserve for all 3 likely using Holt in Moss' spot if he actually takes a play off. With Tate and Price getting more and more reps as the season progesses. thats 6 and pretty much ends the discussion somehow maybe a 7th slips in their but IMO that would only be Aiken as a STs only move and not really a WR but I think Slater and Arrington are better STs than Aiken (not by much as Aiken is good).

As to Branch it is an interesting option if he were free and certainly more so than Patten but I am not sure more so than Holt and the youth is going to be here for at least a season or two to develope so there really is no room for him like there is likely no room for Patten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.