Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trillion dollar spending bill

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFan24, Dec 23, 2011.

1. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +660 / 7 / -2

When was the last time we had a budget?

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Almost 1,000 days since Reid has allowed a budget in the Senate. Pelosi didn't do a budget her last year as speaker. The House passed a budget, Reid wouldn't allow a vote and hasn't introduced a Senate budget.

The CR's and the game with the SS tax cut are to play class warfare for the Obama reelection. They feel that a budget would hurt them politically. Doing their job isn't a consideration.

4. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -2

A budget means accountability, no budget no accountability.

I would like to point out that this whole administration is setting precedents that are really going to screw our country.

First you have the President saying that he is not responsible for anything (this is in his third year) because the guy that had the job before him screwed up. And, you can not go over budget on a budget that is not set.

The next President has it easy. He gets all the vacations and none of the responsibilities. Just say the last guy screwed things up.

Lets ignore that he knew things were screwed up before he applied for the job, and ignore that he and the people that represent him say that he did not know what he was getting into...

I apply for a job and go to multiple interviews and I tell the company that is hiring that I can fix this problem and get this result and then I am hired and do not do any of it... I can not just say well, sorry I really had no idea what I was getting into. Guess what? I would be fired.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Of course you understand that anything with Reid's, Pelosi's or Obama's signature on it, is automatically viewed as bad by the obstructionist party in the House.. so why bother.

It could be a plan to completely reduce the deficit and lower taxes, and if authored by this trio it would still be viewed as bad..

6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +445 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

This country WILL get to the same place Europe is in at some if we continue to spend more than we collect.

Any family that consistently spends more than they make and gets into debt they can not possible get out of would be called stupid. Or maybe just "a bunch of dopes"...

So what do we call a gov't that does the same thing?:confused:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Or we could just print 7.7 trillion dollars, like we did to secretly bail out the banks.. that is an easy answer.

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +445 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

If our post history goes back far enough, you'd see I started a thread urging our members to call their rep's and ask them NOT to bail out our banks.

I don't support adding to our deficit and I don't support bailing out banks. Just because we did stupid things is no rationale to continue to do them, is it?

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

But this was a recent, "secret" revelation.. aside from TARP

Remember this terrifically insightful and well thought out thread..

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ed-gives-7-77-trillion-banks-no-one-knew.html