PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tri-Nations Series

Ciara's Dad

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I look forward eagerly each year to this rugby union tournament. You can forget about the World Cup, this series determines which team is the best in the world.
New Zealand, Australia and South Africa play a series of matches against one another both home and away. There are nine matches in total to be played over the next nine weeks, with each team playing six matches.
http://www.trinationsweb.com/fixtures/2008.asp
Each one will be a bruising encounter with no quarter asked for or given. Every tackle is made as though a life depended on it. There is simply no other spectacle in team sport to quite match it. There is also tremendous national pride resting on the outcome of this event.

Match 3
Perth, Australia
Wallabies 16-9 Springboks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7515418.stm
An error strewn game won by the fitter Australians. The two games against the AB's have taken their toll on the Boks. I still think that they are the better of the three teams though. They have two weeks of rest before playing three matches in a row on home soil. I would bet them to win all three.
Match 4 sees the AB's travel to Sydney, Aus.

Match 4
Sydney, Australia
Wallabies 34-19 All Blacks
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7518830.stm

79,000 people in Sydney's Suncorp Stadium witnessed one of the finest matches ever played between these 2 old foes. Sensational rugby! Wallabies deserved it imho.:snob: Too many handling errors and missed tackles by the AB's.
Back to back losses means that next week's game against the Wallabies in Auckland, NZ is vital. All Black fans want the coach sacked as it is. Should be a cracker!:D

Match 4
Sydney, Australia
Wallabies 34-19 All Blacks
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7518830.stm

79,000 people in Sydney's Suncorp Stadium witnessed one of the finest matches ever played between these 2 old foes. Sensational rugby! Wallabies deserved it imho.:snob: Too many handling errors and missed tackles by the AB's.
Back to back losses means that next week's game against the Wallabies in Auckland, NZ is vital. All Black fans want the coach sacked as it is. Should be a cracker!:D

I haven't seen any of the games because I don't have Sky yet. However, Robbie Deans must be a hell of a coach to get the Aussies to beat both SA and the All Blacks. I assume that their scrum is better than it was against us (England)?

Robbie Deans must be a hell of a coach to get the Aussies to beat both SA and the All Blacks.

I'm not sure of him being a hell of a coach, but he must be feeling top of the world at the moment. He got the Springboks at the right time after their games against the AB's, and, with some players out, Richie McCaw for one, the AB's were there for the taking. Take nothing away from the Wallabies, they were terrific. We'lll see how good they are if they win in Aukland this weekend.

Are you the same gomezcat who got caught sheepshagging somerwhere in downtown London?:eek:
Are you hanging out in this forum because of the disgust shown by the other posters in the pub forum towards you?:eek:
You are welcome here, in spite of your perversion. Each to their own in my view. Living in Scotland, nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to man's love for animals.;)

Match 6
Cape Town, South Africa.
Springboks 0-19 All Blacks

It was only 0-5 going into the last 1/4 of the match. It was a very tight affair until the AB's got their second try. Man of the match was the AB captain, Richie McCaw by a country mile. If he had played in the earlier matches, the AB's wouldn't have lost imho. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=116&objectid=10527548
The All Black's are now odds on to win the tri-nations series.

Match 7
Durban, South Africa
Springboks 15-27 Wallabies

It was a professional performance by the Aussies to beat an unconvincing South African team. That is the 3rd defeat in a row for the Boks, and were roundly booed off the park by their fans. Far too many handling errors, especially in the final 22. They just couldn't do the basics correctly.
http://www.trinationsweb.com/news/viewarticle.asp?id=15141

It is now between the All Blacks and the Wallabies to see who wins this years Tri-Nations.
First up, though, is next weeks game, which is a repeat of Saturdays fixture, played this time in Johannesburg.

Match 8
Johannesburg, South Africa
Springboks 53-8 Wallabies

The Aussies went into this game at Ellis Park hoping to end a 45 year drought of not winning there, and also to leapfrog the AB's into first place going into the last game. They came away with their worst ever test defeat. The Boks, booed off the park last week, ripped them apart. It was a horror show for the Wallabies who could do very little right.
Onto the last test match in the series in New Zealand next w'end. It's winner takes all. All Blacks will beat them imho. :snob:

Thanks for posting these results. I used to watch this series when Fox Sports would carry it. Since they discontinued their coverage, I've kind of lost track. No access to a channel like Setanta and a degree of laziness also played roles.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this.

You're more than welcome Koma ;)
It is only top class rugby I like watching, and it doesn't get any better than the Tri-nations.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back