PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers, Aaron Dobson, Scott Chandler, Travaris Cadet, Ryan Wendell return to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourierSeries

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
As far as injuries are concerned, the Patriots might have had their best day of the summer today.

Defensive ends Trey Flowers and Rufus Johnson, wide receivers Julian Edelman and Aaron Dobson, tight end Scott Chandler, offensive linemen Ryan Wendell and Caylin Hauptmann and running back Travaris Cadet were all present for the start of this afternoon's practice at Gillette Stadium. Wendell and Hauptmann were on the physically unable to perform list, so their activity means they've been activated. None of those eight players traveled with the team to West Virginia or New Orleans last week.

Edelman and Cadet departed midway through positional drills to continue rehabbing and conditioning on an adjacent field.

Additionally, wide receiver Reggie Wayne made his debut wearing No. 15. Wideout Zach D'Orazio switched to No. 83.

To make room on the roster for Wayne, the Patriots released fullback Eric Kettani.

Wide receiver Brandon LaFell, cornerback Darryl Roberts, linebackers Dekoda Watson and Dane Fletcher, offensive linemen Marcus Cannon, Chris Barker and Bryan Stork, defensive linemen Chris Jones and Joe Vellano, and tight end Jake Bequette were absent from practice. The 10 absentees were the fewest since the Pats opened camp.

The Patriots practiced in shells. It was the first practice that was closed to the media at the conclusion of positional drills.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._aaron_dobson_ryan_wendell_return_to_practice

Really good to hear about Flowers and Dobson.

EDIT: Chandler and Cadet returned as well.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/08/new_england_patriots_injury_up_2.html

Last edited:
No, not really. Lewis & White are both better than him anyway.

Having not seen Cadet in New England yet is a good reason to call Lewis and White better. We're 5 days away from September. Cadet is far behind those two.
My point was that we need to see Cadet, precisely because he has ground to make up. Cap's point was that he shouldn't bother showing. up.

I've seen Cadet with NO, and was not impressed in the slightest. He has no running ability whatsoever,
and his catch & YAC isn't any better than Lewis.

My point was that we need to see Cadet, precisely because he has ground to make up. Cap's point was that he shouldn't bother showing. up.

He should compete, but iirc (and i'm wrong a lot, but) he's less of an athlete than either White/Lewis and both have already shown promise on the field for us.

Cadet's game is his route running as a 3rd RB/WR, if White/Lewis show enough in that department then they win by default. And truthfully, neither one has had to run complex routes just yet because they have shown that they can win on a short pass behind the LoS by making men miss.

I've seen Cadet with NO, and was not impressed in the slightest. He has no running ability whatsoever,
and his catch & YAC isn't any better than Lewis.

I must admit, I didn't see much to impress me either. Would be very surprised if he could beat Lewis and White

Flowers is the corner we drafted right?

Yeah. Belichick figured he could coach him up to be the biggest corner in the NFL. He might have the ability to cover big tight ends, but would probably prefer just to lay them out at the line of scrimmage.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/trey-flowers?id=2552278

Actually, I liked the Flowers pick a lot. He brings more speed up front to spell Chandler Jones or put on the other side on rushing downs. He can also drop back as a LB. Good depth front seven run stuffer. He became more valuable after Spikes was cut.

Yeah. Belichick figured he could coach him up to be the biggest corner in the NFL. He might have the ability to cover big tight ends, but would probably prefer just to lay them out at the line of scrimmage.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/trey-flowers?id=2552278

Actually, I liked the Flowers pick a lot. He brings more speed up front to spell Chandler Jones or put on the other side on rushing downs. He can also drop back as a LB. Good depth front seven run stuffer. He became more valuable after Spikes was cut.

Wasn't he reported to be likely done for the year just recently?

No, you're thinking of Roberts--the kid who hurt his wrist and is rumored to be an IR candidate. We'll find out how severe the injury was in the next week or so during cuts, if we don't hear something sooner.

Flowers was one of the picks at DE. Grissom was the other one. The were selected by NE back to back, and went 97 and 101 overall.

No, you're thinking of Roberts--the kid who hurt his wrist and is rumored to be an IR candidate. We'll find out how severe the injury was in the next week or so during cuts, if we don't hear something sooner.

Flowers was one of the picks at DE. Grissom was the other one. The were selected by NE back to back, and went 97 and 101 overall.

Okay thanks for clarifying that up.

Wasn't he reported to be likely done for the year just recently?

@goheels22002 is just teasing you, by stating that Flowers could be the biggest CB in the league and lay everyone out at the line of scrimmage.

Glad to see Chandler is back, will be interesting to see how he is defended when he is on the field with Gronk.. that could be a significant signing for the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes