Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trevor Scott

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Still available and I havent heard anything about any teams looking at him including the Pats.

I thought his 2012 campaign was not all bad,he did provide some decent pressure off the edge and had 3 sacks.

Worth bringing back?........or is Trevor a Meh?

I do see the Pats re-signing him later if he is still on the market and maybe a vet minimum or so 1 year deal.
  2. doesntmatter1

doesntmatter1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

i would like to see what bequette can do.
  3. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 17 / -2

Yes, and yes.

He is worth having in camp to compete with our DE's for a roster spot. However, I would much rather have an Abraham or a Freeney.

4. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think we all would want one of those 2 over Scott as well but were talking a much cheaper contract and already a year in the system....that's an advantage right there.
  5. AƟƟynormal

AƟƟynormal PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

He has some LB skills as well.
  6. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

he played ok filling in for Cunningham as dept but IMO a 7th round pick could take he's place on the roster and he would not be missed
  7. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

I don't see the harm in bringing him back. Although, I don't mind our current squad with Jones, Nink, Cunningham, and Francis (with Bequette having a chance too). I'm curious how Francis will have improved over last year, if he does. Those undrafted rookies can benefit the most from a full offseason with the team since they're physically less developed. Mayo for example didn't benefit as much after his first year because he was already very NFL-ready. He didn't need to add much of any muscle mass. A guy like Francis, if he works hard, could benefit a lot.

We carried 6 DE's last year on the 53. If they value the position so much, I don't see why not.
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

He's a meh. Past his prime at this point and was always a one trick pony. Bring in Abraham and/or (preferably and) bolster the pass rush by selecting a DE in the draft.
  9. dales804

dales804 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -2

Disable Jersey

He'd be fine to have as competition for camp. I'd like to see Francis get more opportunity there, especially with an offseason training program under his belt.
  10. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +705 / 5 / -3

I doubt he will be back. They will either get Abraham or draft a DE high. I am thinking that their first pick could be a DE now that they have added all those WRs and signed Kelly.
  11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Okafor could be available in round two. Without looking it up, I believe he had 11 or 12 sacks last year. I really like him as a prospect coming out and would rather see him over someone like Carradine (who I didn't even think was the best DE at Florida State, that being Werner).
  12. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +345 / 1 / -2

I'm always a fan of bringing back players we know on the cheap to round out the 80 man roster. Even if we bring in Abraham AND draft a DE, there's a chance that Cunningham never regains form without his "enhancement", one or more of our guys gets injured, or the young guys/draft pick just aren't ready for primetime. Have the safety net of Scott and if we make it through camp healthy and everyone looks good, cut him. No downside assuming the money is minimal.
  13. SONS_OF_BELICHICK

SONS_OF_BELICHICK Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

I think of him as camp fodder....and trade bait...
  14. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -1

Scrub. If you need bodies sure, but you're probably more likely to get benefit out of a flier/project player.

Wasn't much better than post-suspension Cunningham and Francis, who already fill the 'solid and usually healthy' role.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.