PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trevor Scott released

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Bucs just announced that they released Trevor Scott

As long as we're doing 'let's sign this guy' threads for any available defensive lineman or tight end, why not one for somebody who has some recent experience with the Patriots?

I'd have no interest in him for the Pats, but as long as he can find a job elsewhere, it's probably not a bad time to get out of Tampa.

Bucs just announced that they released Trevor Scott

As long as we're doing 'let's sign this guy' threads for any available defensive lineman or tight end, why not one for somebody who has some recent experience with the Patriots?

I like Scott, I think he is extremely 1 dimensional but he can get to the QB which could be a worthwhile acquisition, if Carter doesn’t pan out I would not be at all surprised to see Scott on the next redeye.

Getting cut by the Bucs of all teams tells you all you need to know about this guy.

Though it could possible that he asked for a release. No one in their right mind wants to play for the Bucs. That team is a colossal mess.

I like Scott, I think he is extremely 1 dimensional but he can get to the QB which could be a worthwhile acquisition, if Carter doesn’t pan out I would not be at all surprised to see Scott on the next redeye.

I was about to agree about a Pats look see, but then Scott doesn't do politics or comedy.

We could have re-signed him this offseason but didn't for a reason. He was supposed to be the next Mark Anderson (cheap one dimensional pass rusher) but wasn't effective at all.

We seem to be full up, but personally, I would prefer Scott inactive and as an emergency player instead of Beauharnais. But then, I would also prefer Kout or Rivera in that role.

Presuming that Carter is ready, we have 4 DT's and 4 DE's.

We have five LB's (including Ninkovich).

We have a special teamer (White) and a benchwarmer (Beauharnais).

Re: Re: Trevor Scott released

We seem to be full up, but personally, I would prefer Scott inactive and as an emergency player instead of Beauharnais.

Beauharnais appears to be on the roster for long term reasons there must be some level of concern that he would be picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back