PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trevaris Cadet: Where does he stand in terms of making the roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
We still haven't seen Cadet in a preseason game. There were reports of him returning from IR, so I was surprised we didn't get to see him play last night. And that's really too bad, because he had a great time early in practice before getting injured.

I still like Cadet for the versatility he brings as a receiving option, but time is running out. Does he still have a reasonable chance of making the cut?

Can he play fullback?

Hate to be an ass, but in what respect is Cadet "unique"?

looking-in.png

IMO he is a WR that plays RB. I cringe every time I see some kind of hand off or toss to Edelman or someone similar. It's really a good way to get injured IMO. He plays out of position.

In the wise words of one of my former instructors "ya done son." I liked the signing but he hasn't played and Lewis has gotten the job done while White has looked decent as well. I think he can still be good elsewhere tho.

IMO he is a WR that plays RB. I cringe every time I see some kind of hand off to Edelman or someone similar. It's really a good way to get injured IMO. He plays out of position.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. He seems more suited for the WR role. Why not put him there in the depth chart, and leave 3rd back to Lewis and White?

Trust me when I say this, Cadet can't block for ****. It's a skillset he's not used to utilizing. He may have more receptions than either Lewis or White, but his carries in New Orleans were not all that impressive. The running game is secondary to his receiving skills.

Turn him into a WR, or dump him.

My final question is, can he rush the passer.

No...... but he did stay in a Holiday Inn last night ;)

Last edited:
Cadet has probably lost the job by default. His injuries have cost him the chance to prove
he can run the ball and pass block. His only chance is if he plays next week and excels.

What makes cadet unique? I'm guessing the fact that he's a slow wr who plays rb. Was never impressed by the limited footage I saw from his time in n.o. Would like to see us just keep :
1. Blount
2. Gray
3. Bolden
4. Lewis

White to ps, Hooman fills in at FB when necessary. Ugh.

Cadet has a chance at a roster spot if looks great in the last preseason game AND LaFell is put on the PUP list.

Cadet has a chance at a roster spot if looks great in the last preseason game AND LaFell is put on the PUP list.

Agreed. You have one receiver who is on the PUP list and has missed OTAs and training camp, another who is a 37-year old newcomer to the team and still learning the playbook (Wayne) and a third who is injury-prone and maddeningly inconsistent. Behind Amendola and Edelmen, there isn't much on the depth chart that's reliable (if you don't include Slater).

Cadet put up an impressive performance in camp before his injury. He knows what Brady wants in a receiver, and has an awesome pair of hands. You can line him up on the outside or put him in the slot.

He doesn't know how to pass protect against blitzes, but you could easily make him a WR if you needed to.

Last edited:
As Kevin Duffy points out,

"[Cadet is] not a traditional running back, but more of a back/receiver hybrid with the ability to run downfield routes either from his spot in the backfield or when he splits wide."

So then, it's possible that he has more of a skill set resembling Vereen then anyone else on the team. It will be interesting to see what Belichick thinks of this possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes