Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trent Green to Miami rumors?....

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOT64, Mar 8, 2007.

1. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sirius NFL Radio has stated that Miami may try and obtain QB Trent Green in some sort of trade from KC,Apparently Green is not happy about the possibility of Huard winning the QB position so KC may be shopping him around now.

Does that mean Miami may cut Culpepper and go for Green? - I can't see them keeping 2 starters on the team nor do I think Trent wants to go from one situation to another similar one and in my opinion Trent makes Miami a dangerous team more so than Culpepper,We saw what he can do with a good offense like in KC,Imagine what he can do with Brown and Chambers and co. as well - I hope they keep Culpepper,It helps us with a stronger hold on defending the division title.
  2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green... they're really shooting themselves in the foot. I can't believe anyone would expect to win with QB's like those.
  3. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

green sucks, he's over the hill and one good hit from death, you'd be worrying about nothing.
  4. pats63

pats63 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This can be very interesting....
  5. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm not as confident as many of you here that Green wont do well in Miami. I think that before the "hit" he took which took him out for many games last season, he was actually a pretty prolific QB with the Chiefs.

At the end of the day however, Green's potential signing with Miami doesn't worry me as much as this time last year when the thought of Drew Brees going over there really worried me. Thank goodness they chose the other guy...
  6. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't worry about Miami's passing game. They've lost two of their receivers - I think I read somewhere Welker was traded ;) and McMichael was released. They need to reload their WR's.
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +343 / 6 / -8

Green was Mr. Consistency for many years in KC. Obviously he's old, but some QBs play into their forties. If they do it, it's a stop-gap, but not a bad one. Last note: Culpeper might be different a year removed from his "downfall" too (or, may not be.)

PFnV
  8. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Daunte is now at least three years removed from his downfall, if you don't consider his drafting by Minnesota to be the start. His knee injury was just a footnote on his slide to obscurity.
  9. Welker83

Welker83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The thinking is that We'll trade for green, Shop culpepper in a trade, and then have green play one year as Brady quin gets ready to take over..
  10. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Dumping Daunte is much too smart a move, now Cam's got me worried.
  11. The_Dragon

The_Dragon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Considering what Cameron was able to achieve in San Diego with LT and the running gameI would expect to see a lot more balanced play to the Dolphins game this year. They'll run Brown a lot more and not ask their QB to do as much. This could be a situation that suits Green perfectly. He's run a similar situation for years in KC with Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson.

Granted Brown is not as explosive as LT and the O - line might not be as strong as SD's but I'd expect a marked improvement in the Fins running game next season.
  12. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Trent Green has thrown on average for more than 4,000 yards a season and more than 22 TD's the last five seasons he has played all 16 games. I think he has shown that he is a more than capable QB on his own right. Granted, a great running game helped his passing stats no doubt but it still takes a good QB to generate that type of performance.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  13. The_Dragon

The_Dragon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed smg93. My point would be that if I were a Fins fan I wouldn't like the potential signing of Green if he was to play in the situation they were in last year - unbalanced offense with a lot more passing.

I wouldn't expect Green to be avoiding pass rushers at this stage of his career.
  14. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

After the hit he took last year, I bet Trent is thinking "learn how to slide sooner, learn how to slide sooner". hehe. :D