PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Dilfer thinks Martz would be silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
to run a red zone offense on walkthroughs. he said and mooch seconded that every coach just runs trick plays and such during the sat walk through because all coaches are paranoid of someone watching or videotaping them.
of course marshall faulk says the rams moved the ball on the pats in the reg season but not in the SB so maybe there was something to it.He said they walked through the plays from the 30 yard to the red zone on saturday.
No one mentions that the rams didnt get in the red zone until the 4th quarter !
Dilfer said none of this made warner fumble the ball on the 1 yard line or mcginest hold faulk

No one mentions that the rams didnt get in the red zone until the 4th quarter !
Dilfer said none of this made warner fumble the ball on the 1 yard line or mcginest hold faulk[/QUOTE]

Exactly! What was the Rams success rate in the red zone? I don't have it in front of me but from memory I think it was 1 trip inside the 20, 1 td. The first trip was in the 4th qtr and Warner scored on a sneak after Willie's hold. On the next series Willie sacked Warner on about the 50 and they had to punt and on the one following they scored to Rickey "a dynasty is born today" Proehl from around the 30.

1 Thing though, Trent said they didn't call Willie for the hold, they did.

I've heard different things about the significance of the walk-through -- Zolak says it's nothing, but just a way to keep the players thinking about football. Others say it's a big deal.

Regardless, if people can make a deal about a sideline film, how bad would this be?

I've heard different things about the significance of the walk-through -- Zolak says it's nothing, but just a way to keep the players thinking about football. Others say it's a big deal.

Regardless, if people can make a deal about a sideline film, how bad would this be?

Bottom line- The reason that the Rams lost SB 36 is that MArtz was either too stupid or too stubborn to give up the passing game and run when the
Pats were dropping 7 and 8 men back into coverage. Had Marshall Faulk run the ball more, this wouldn't have been an issue. It's not spying on walkthroughs, it is ingame adjustments and Martz didn't make them.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey