PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Dilfer on ESPN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amnorix

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer was on ESPN radio earlier today (around 1:00 p.m.). I don't know if they archive interviews like 'EEI, but if so it is definitely worth a listen. Less than 10 minutes long, he was sharp, intelligent, insightful and funny.

Anyway, he was asked what chance the Giants have to beat the Patriots. His response, best I can remember:

"the same chance as any other team.....which is to say NONE if the Patriots play well. If the Patriots play poorly, as they did in the AFCC against San Diego, then they have a chance."

Generally called them terrific, the best team he's ever seen, immensely talented, etc. etc. Businesslike and professional. "the model for all teams in ALL sports", etc.

Said Brady's best trait was his poise in handling everything on AND off the field, and how he may go down as the greatest ever.

Also spoke about how the NFL's high maintenance players suck the life out of the quarterback and the team, which is why Eli is performing better now that Tiki Barber and Shockey are out of action.

Nice to hear someone being honest for a change instead of throwing all the crap around about the Giants matching up well, blah, blah ,blah...

Actually, Steve DeOssie was on ESPN Radio in NYC yesterday, and basically said the same thing:

"If the Giants play great, and the Patriots play great, then the Patriots will win. If the Giants play great, and the Patriots play average, then the Giants will have a chance."

Actually, Steve DeOssie was on ESPN Radio in NYC yesterday, and basically said the same thing:

"If the Giants play great, and the Patriots play great, then the Patriots will win. If the Giants play great, and the Patriots play average, then the Giants will have a chance."

GREAT ANALYSIS! I also hope to see more of Dilfer. He's better behind the camera than he was behind the center.

I have heard the same analysis about Tiger Woods. If Tiger Woods bring his A game then Tiger wins. If Tiger brings his C game and no else brings their A game then Tiger wins.

I think the same holds true for the Pats and in particular, Tom Brady. If Tom Brady brings his A game then the Pats will win. If Tom doesn't bring his A game the Pats still have great shot, but lets hope the Eli and the Giants do not have career days.

This is why I admit to being a little nervous about the ankle injury.

I also understand it is a team game. But the fact is when Brady is on he can get the ball to the other teamatees he has who are also on. And I think the Pats are so deep that someone is bound to be on every week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back