Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trees for Troops-Operation Christmas Tree

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by woolster22, Oct 28, 2010.

1. woolster22

woolster22 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Hey guys, I'm including a link to the website for an organization, Operation Christmas Tree, set up by a family friend. The idea being every $25 donated gets one tree shipped to a troop over-seas. This was started by my old pop-warner (and first boss) coach's family, when their son was overseas a few years ago. Right now an old high-school buddy is on his second tour overseas. If you check out their website, you can see they are currently well short of their goal of 1800 trees, with a few short weeks left to donate. The website is: Support Military Heroes - Operation Christmas Tree - Trees for Troops

I know times are tough, but it works out to a dollar a day between (give or take) now and when their deadline hits, and any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

That's a nice idea, really. I wish I could donate, but my charity budget is maxed out this year. I'll pass the address on to some friends, though. The tree is my favorite part of Christmas...right up there with being with my friends and family and Yul Glug.
  3. woolster22

woolster22 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Any sort of help is appreciated. I'll be sending out some dough in the name of my buddy, also going to be putting up some signs at the restaurants I work at. I'm in the downtown hartford area, should be able to tap into this fairly easily. Wish my old man sent me the e-mail earlier so I could get more of a head start though :(

Edit:and the link to a blog my father posted about this. Scroll down and you can see that my buddy's mother responded. Apparently she started this and not the old coach. http://open.salon.com/blog/gwool/2010/10/28/trees_for_troops_at_25_a_pop
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  4. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

nice idea. We stopped the tree thing about a decade ago.

not to mention we are in Florida during Christmas time.
  5. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Any idea how they decide where to send these?