Welcome to PatsFans.com

traveling - mexico

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by notex, Jan 23, 2009.

1. notex

notex Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

hey guys, I am trying to plan a trip to mexico with the lady. I Am on a tight budget and want to do an all-inclusive type thing. Does anyone know a good website or # to call?? there is so many options out there but I dont know the good places.

I heard cabo is the nicest?

Keep in mind I am only 23 and have a ton of college loans to pay off and want the cheapest deal possible while still going to a nice resort...any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

oh yeah and I want to go in may when it would be cheaper..thanks

2. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

For value there are a bunch of places on the strip in Cancun, we went last year but stayed at a place a little way down the coast from the hotel zone. It was nice! You could just check the travel websites (expedia, orbitz, etc and wait for a good deal).

If you have the time and you're anywhere nearby I'd definitely recommend going to Chichen-Itza, the Mayan city, it was awesome.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 7 / -3

Where'd you stay Stokes? I've been to Cancun 6 times for Spring Break. I've been to Tijuana too, and Cozumel. Mexico is a beautiful country to vacation in.

As for the OP, if you're on a budget, and are simply looking to enjoy your time at an all inclusive resort, I'd look into the Dominican Republic. It'll be much, much cheaper, with better service, and beautiful beaches. Lots of Euro's vacation there, so there are some real nice restaurants. I've personally never been, although hopefully that will change in April, but most of my Italian friends have, as have a number of friends and cousins here in the States. They all swear by it. If you like nightlife, and the ritz and glitz of a populated strip, then Cancun is a can't miss. My buds just went over the summer, and they said it's gotten a little pricier over the years. It's a magnificent place though. Like I said, I been there 6 times.

4. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We stayed at the Moon Palace, it was perfect for us with a big group including golfers (sweet courses on site), multiple pools with swim up bar and nice private beach with drink service, 8-9 restaurants with legit good food, full bottles of booze in your room (good stuff too, not cheap), a bunch of included tours (like the one we took to Chichen Itza which was great), and not right on the strip to keep our 18 year old nieces a safe distance from the drunken debauchery of the hotel zone (VERY important to my bro and brother in law!).