PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trap Game?

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Gronk is questionable. Vince and Kelly are out. Patriots coming the worst offensive performance in years.

Is this a trap game for the Saints?

My inner nerd prays someone gets the reference...

calamari.jpg

Their QB is a shrimp, so is their best RB (if you call him that) and their best receiver is really a basketball player. Definitely a trap game, we need to play our best.

I don't think the Pats represent a trap game for anyone. A trap game would be Denver and Jax.

Definitely. The Saints are coming into Foxboro to face the head coach/QB combination with the most wins all-time after a humiliating loss in Cincinnati and looking past the Patriots at their Bye Week followed by the Buffalo Bills.

Bartender? I'll have whatever the Thread Starter is having.

Lol were still a top 6 team in the NFL. Nobody is taking us lightly I promise you that.

Am I the only one suspecting this whole Gronk saga is a diversion plan to catch the Saints with their pants down? Looks like extra buzz this week with a lot of noise and no definitive word.

He hasn't been cleared by the medical staff, but is listed as questionable a day before the game.

I have a feeling (maybe wishful thinking) that Gronk will not only play, but will be a major factor.

Am I asking too much? :rolleyes:

Regardless, the Saints are gonna have a tough row to hoe this Sunday.

Foxboro, with the Patriots losing what should have been a winnable game the previous weekend, means that TFB and the boys are going to be out for blood.

I would not categorize this as a trap game, but there are a couple of trends to consider.

1.) The Patriots rarely lose back-to-back games. Though only 3-2 in the last two years following a loss, Belichick is 25-5 in his last 30 games following a defeat.

2.) The Saints are a much better team than at home, and are on the road for the second straight week. It is very rare for visiting teams to win consecutive road games, and that becomes even more difficult when playing a better than average opponent.

So far this season there have been 17 instances of teams playing back-to-back road games. In only two cases did the road team win both games; one scenario included a victory over hapless Jacksonville, and none of those four road victories were over a team that at that time had a winning record.

something else to note is that another week for Amendola to be healthy, and likely full go ahead with snaps he could have the kind of game he had against buffalo.

and ridley back on the field should help as well...I expect the the pats to Run early/often. the best way to keep an explosive offense at bay is to keep them off the field. sustain long drives that take time off the clock

With this current offense in the state it is and the fact that we don't have Vince and Kelly in the middle of the DL I don't believe we can take history into account for this game.

Count me pessimistic but I do not see how the Pats can win this game based on how they have played thus far this season on offense to keep up. The Saints are in a whole different league at this point than any team the Pats have already played.

Regardless, the Saints are gonna have a tough row to hoe this Sunday.

Foxboro, with the Patriots losing what should have been a winnable game the previous weekend, means that TFB and the boys are going to be out for blood.

I agree 100%. While everybody on this message board was hand wringing over injuries, Belichick and the coaching staff have been preparing for Drew Brees, Rob Ryan's defense and Sean Payton. We must not forget that there are world class football players on the Patriots, and as good a coaching staff as any in the NFL.

With this current offense in the state it is and the fact that we don't have Vince and Kelly in the middle of the DL I don't believe we can take history into account for this game.

Count me pessimistic but I do not see how the Pats can win this game based on how they have played thus far this season on offense to keep up. The Saints are in a whole different league at this point than any team the Pats have already played.
I agree. It looks like a blowout is coming. I predicted 42-14. But I'm more worried about gronks arm longer term.

I agree. It looks like a blowout is coming. I predicted 42-14. But I'm more worried about gronks arm longer term.

How are the saints putting up 42 when they haven't hit that mark yet and the pats are the best defense they've face so far? Saints will be lucky to drop 30.

LOL the pats are 4-1 with the #2 scoring defense in the NFL injures or not the saints are not looking passed the pats

My inner nerd prays someone gets the reference...

calamari.jpg

I'm far from nerd but I'm a programmer so I'm around these references all the time. I knew it was an Admiral Ackbar reference but the calamari connection took a while to hit.

Lets not get too low here......we are not the Jets.

Our defense has been playing lights out all year ( I know Kelly is out).

Ridley returns and Saints are worst run D in the NFL.

Look for Patriots to play a whole lot of ball control and take this one with relative ease.

Forecast calls for clear and sunny. Graham and Colston don't need dry weather to catch the ball, the patriots do.

How are the saints putting up 42 when they haven't hit that mark yet and the pats are the best defense they've face so far? Saints will be lucky to drop 30.

You need to pay attention better. The defense gets worse every day that Gronk isn't cleared to play. Apparently they are getting frustrated with the medical staff, dont understand why they did surgeries and are in a deep depression because he is going to have his arm amputated.
How can you expect the defense to play when we don't have a clear understanding of Gronks medical condition.

New Orleans had the kind if offense which will eviscerate our boys. Quick striking pass plays quick reads quick release. Our guys get chewed up by rookies and journeymen. Brees will have a career day.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back