Welcome to PatsFans.com

Transgenderism and Chaz Bono

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,329 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

I am no bigot but please, transgenderism is NOT normal and should NOT be considered worthy of "minority" classification/protection. Nor should our tax dollars be used for public aid case transgender medical procedures. Since when are people like Chaz Bono considered celebrities to be praised for their courage and not confused souls in need of more competent therapy??? I've known a couple of transgender people and they were incredibly messed up individuals AFTER the gender change. Weirdness is running rampant and political correctness has fallen off the cliff. And I certainly am no political conservative!

2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately there are those who would label you a bigot for the above remarks. :bricks: :bricks:

3. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its his opinion and he has a right to it....

With that said, I have no right to judge others I do agree that tax dollars should never be spent on stuff like this. I don't care what you do with your body,who you marry or what kind of life style you live, all I care about is do you pay your taxes and are you a good person.

All people are messed up, some more so then others.....

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Missed where she was praised.. without regard he/she is just another hollywood wife swapper, the son/daughter of a very rich hollywood wife swapper, do not expect much of anything from her.. and least of all what he/she did was a political statement or something heroic.

Always get concerned that as a society that we are inundated with the lifestyles of folks in the entertainment business.. shows like the View, Entertainment Tonight, Dancing with Stars , the never ending Kardashian reality show, Jersey Housewives somehow make a lot of folks envious of their lifestyles.. we are inundated with it in check out lines in grocery stores, on television advertisments etc. When someone tells me they cannot wait for American Idol, Dancing with the Stars and the rest of those "reality shows" it creates concern.

Cannot wrap my brain around any of this, but he/she did what he/she felt he/she had to do.. do agree that tax dollars should never be used for any of this, except for some type of therapy to help the person cope with his/her predicament.

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

What we should do is tell these people how to live their lives, we should regulate this kind of thing, along with euthanasia, and limit access to birth control. We should also be intrusive on a federal level in all abortion attempts. We should spare not expense to accomplish complete victory in any and all cases involving things of this nature...

Also...we dont want the government telling us how many guns we can have, or eductaing us. We want less government and to cut spending

(unless it involves abotion, trannies, birth control, or euthanasia...then we NEED the government)

do you follow me? good.....then you are a republican like me!

Now.....Pass me the Brawndo!!!

http://calorielab.com/news/wp-images/post-images/brawndo-crushing-human-skull.jpg

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

No one is telling people how to live there lives. The government didn't stop Chaz Bono from doing whatever it is it did to itself. I think the point most people are making is whether or not this thing should be celebrated on one of the top shows on network television. On top of that are the concerns, or beliefs of some that taxpayer money shouldn't go to paying for these surgeries. I happen to agree with them that it shouldn't.

As for the birth control, abortion, gun hysteria, I don't think (to most people anyway) that it's a matter of eliminating, or regulating each to an Orwellian level. I think most people simply understand that there are reasonable, and necessary levels of regulation for the different things mentioned. Obvious safety, liberty, and tax payer funded questions are usually what's at issue. People who think you should be able to but a Glock with your Slurpie at 7-Eleven are the fringe who's opposites are the people who think all guns should be banned from coast to coast. Too many people in here focus on the fringe minority beliefs than they do the more sensible views that make up the majority who rest somewhere in the middle.

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I can't believe you took my post seriously.

anyway...if you don't like Chaz Bono dancing with those wacky stars, you have the choice to simply not watch. I know you know this, so I'm really pointing that out to those who are actually outraged.

and if those outraged think they are doing anything but HELPING The show's ratings, they are fools.

Tom Bergeron 2012!!!

http://haverhillfever.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/1694.jpg

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

So apparently I'm not entitled to an opinion on the matter Holy? Am I not free to opine, or should my opinion be neutered, regulated, and/or restricted?

It's got nothing to do with not "liking" Chaz Bono. It can do whatever it wants to. It's a free country. It's a matter of not liking the fact that it will be celebrated on a show that lots of families and kids watch. Like I said though, I won't be watching. ABC can do whatever they want, and I can opine in whatever way I so choose. In the end I'll wake up tomorrow and go to work just like I did today.

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

You are totally free to opine....

just not become a tranny...you are NOT free to do that.