Welcome to PatsFans.com

Transformers film series

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +655 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Really, has there ever been a more stupid premise for a movie? Giant robots that destroy things and act like humans (or like animals, if the robot is shaped like one). Then you have the human actors who spend all their time outrunning explosions.

I saw the first Transformers installment out of curiosity and recall my eyes hurting afterward. Now, unbelievably, Michael Bay has made a fourth entry that apparently is his worst yet, according to Rottentomatoes.com: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_age_of_extinction/

Some notable quotes from the reviews:

"Transformers: Age of Extinction is the dumbest movie I've seen in a long while. Michael Bay's skill as a director has grown more incompetent as his career goes on, putting him in the same league as M. Night Shyamalan, Roland Emmerich and the guy who made Battlefield Earth. I went into this movie with the lowest amount of expectations and it still managed to piss me off."

"Even by the low IQ standards of the three previous Transformers films, Transformers: Age of Extinction is grave and exceptionally stupid, with a plot as bewildering and incoherent as a caffeinated 5-year-old's explanation of the multiverse theory."
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

I hung out with Megan Fox a little bit in high school because she was dating one of my good friends (at the time) so the only reason I went to see the first one was for her. Other than marveling at how they cleaned up her acne and how good she looked, I thought the first installment was terrible. Though, I have to say, I didn't go in there expecting an Oscar winner about robots (one which speaks in ebonics) that can turn into modern day cars from another planet fighting other robots and destroying things. I never saw the second, third, or however many more they made. It's just a piss poor excuse for a movie franchise.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 1 / -16

#11 Jersey

they are stupid but mildly entertaining. my standard for a really good movie is if you would own said movie and watch it multiple times. transformer movies are one view only.
  4. AzorianPats

AzorianPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -1

#12 Jersey

Now I'm not the type that usually drools over celebrities, but Megan Fox looked like a perfect 10 in that first Transformer movie. Her alone made that movie great.

As for the movie, eh I went to watch it for the graphics. I watched the first 2 in the theaters. I won't watch this one. Michael Bay just milking the series and getting whatever he can. It made him millions.
  5. SB39

SB39 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +543 / 23 / -30

It is what it is: A movie series based on a cartoon series from 30 years ago that was created for no other reason than to sell toys.

If you go in expecting Academy Award winning screenplay, you'll be disappointed. If you go in expecting 2 hours of mindless splosions and robots fighting each other, you won't be.
  6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Yeah she looked fantastic. When she was younger, she had a little bit of an issue with acne but, of course, she was 15-16 years old at the time and most kids that age have an issue with acne. But she did look great. You'll be happy to know that she was a bit fast and loose, even when she was younger. Hard to see her not being that way today. I'm at work so I'll have to describe her as being a "free spirit" when I knew her. :)
  7. SB39

SB39 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +543 / 23 / -30

She should have left well enough alone. After her plastic surgery, she looks horrible compared to what she used to look like.
  8. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +385 / 5 / -2

These movies are strictly for entertainment purposes. I only watch them on bluray, on my flat screen, with my surround turned up. I'd never actually go to the theatre to see something like this. Maybe if I were under 25 I'd think differently, but being in my 30's, I'll only watch it from my couch.

BTW, we should all be thrilled to know that Michael Bay is directing the new installments of the Star Wars series. Whooopie!!! Can't wait to see how ridiculously made, and overly disappointing those will be.
  10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Eh? J.J. Abrams is doing that. At least Episode VII. IMDB doesn't show anything either...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000881/?ref_=nv_sr_1#director
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +385 / 5 / -2

Whoops, I mixed up my directors. Abrams is the Star Trek guy, that's right. I had my sci-fi, space ship, blow em up directors mixed up. :oops:
  12. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

I figured that was the case. I had to check to make sure Star Wars wasn't going to be completely ruined, though. I have faith in Abrams to carry the torch in the last trilogy.