Transcript of Brady's Saturday Morning presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this mentioned here yet:

“I just wanted to come out and say a little more about the balls we all play with and what’s being said lately.

First, there a number of scientists being cited about how cold air probably played a factor. While that’s been interesting to read, I think it is common knowledge among guys that cold air shrinks balls. Heck, most of us guys noticed that first in high school, so this isn’t just common knowledge with guys in the pros.

I even asked my wife is she’s known about this shrinkage and she’s said that some women know about it and some don’t. She mentioned something about a Seinfeld episode, which puzzles me because I only remember them talking about baseball, but whatever.

Also, there’s been conversation about the balls of other QB’s. Really, we NFL QB’s don’t get to handle the balls of other QB’s, so there’s nothing I can say about that. The Pro Bowl is the only place where you might get exposure to another guy’s balls. I do remember some comment about Aaron Rodgers preferring bigger ones but he’s been on the NFC team in the past so I didn’t get a chance to handle his.

There’s also been some conversation about how all this changes from the regular season to the playoffs. I haven’t noticed any difference in the size of mine. I saw one quote that noted that Eli Manning’s and Joe Flacco’s seem to get bigger, and Peyton Manning’s seem to get smaller, but I don’t really know. That’s investigatory reporting that we’ll have to leave to you folks.

And finally, I want to thank D’Quell Jackson for coming out and saying that he didn’t notice anything different about our balls. I’ve been asked about why our balls were such an obsession with their coaching staff, and I'm as puzzled as anyone. After all, supposedly our balls were bigger in the second half, which is when we put more of them in their end zone than in the first half. And I can assure you that our balls aren’t on our coach’s radar screen.

Now, I’ll take a few questions…”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back