Welcome to PatsFans.com

Traitor Trial

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Feb 14, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/12/AR2006021200732.html

Now we get to see those war profiteers that have profited off the blood of our soldiers, backed by this administrations no-bid contracts, sealed off from all accountability through private deals, shoddy bookkeeping and silencing of whistle blowers.

Of course, with the crooks largely in charge of the investigation, not much will come of it I guess.

Now, who was it that said that war profiteering is the worst form of treason?

I believe it was Harry Truman.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 12 / -11

It's amazing that that kind of corruption would happen given the philosophy of personal responsibility among our leaders. I guess personal responsibility means take care of yourself first, and screw everyone else. No wonder there's so much corruption.

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I saw that on the news the other night. These guys were so ruthless that they knowingly sold trucks (with the gouging) that didn't run. Evidently the contract didn't stipulate that the trucks needed to be in working condition. This administration surpassed Hoover's for jobs lost and is challenging Grant's for most corrupt.

4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Add to that Cheneys company providing tainted water to US troops and you gotta wonder....who's side are they really on?? Its one thing to have a few overcharges in such a massive operation, its another to try to cover it up, and continue to fund it from the top without any accountability reform.

Add to this the 8.8 billion in cash that just went missing under Paul Bremers leadership and there is an opportunity for alot of surprise funds falling into the RNC coffers.

The only way to get to the truth of this is to get a change in majority in the Congress to provide some semblance of checks on rampant corruption. Why are the Iraqis so hostile to our presence? In part because we allowed their money to be stolen and relatively little reconstruction was possible because of the corruption.