PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapatriotsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I am planning my summer vacation around training camp open practices. I've got to make reservations to come up from Virginia, does anyone have any idea when the open practices are? Can't get a lot of Patriots information in Redskin country.

Well, training camp opens up July 28th..so pretty much every day after that..the schedule will be on patriots.com

It's almost a day to day thing. Usually they will have one in the morning and on in the afternoon. I plan to drive back and forth from Maine atleast a couple of times this year.

But, always check the "official" website before leaving and pray that it's up to date.

For the past few years, they've followed a schedule where they've alternated between days with a double (morning and evening) and a single (afternoon) practice. The boys on PFW in Progress hinted last week that they have a "feeling" that BB is going to shake things up a bit this year but they didn't elaborate.

Regardless, patriots.com puts up a few days worth of schedule in advance but of course they're subject to change at any time.

See you there!

Yes...they did mention they thought they MIGHT have more two a days...usually that means 9 and the later in PM...4ish....but if there is rain it changes things and....Pats.com is the best way..and there is also a number that you can call for up to date changes...

I too live in Virginia and wanted to attend training camp but I think it's probably too much of a hassle. The drive from here to foxboro is miserable. I only make the trip when I have tickets.

TomBradyWoot said:
I too live in Virginia and wanted to attend training camp but I think it's probably too much of a hassle. The drive from here to foxboro is miserable. I only make the trip when I have tickets.

Do we need to create a one-weekend-a-year Pats caravan?

PatsFanInVa said:

Sure would help a ton, I made the trip flying last year for the Chargers game ( great game btw, not) and I drove up to see the Tampa game. Flying is so much easier but 3.5 times more expensive.

PatsFanInVa said:

Toss me in!

TomBradyWoot said:

Quit your whining I have to drive to Gardiner, ME at least once a year because the wife wants to see the family. I would rather fly my brothers into VA than have to go home and deal with our family's!

So driving to Foxboro should be a cake walk, compared to driving 4 hours longer just for the privalige to see your family and in-laws without the Patriots being involved at all! :D

I'm planning on driving up from Pittsburgh. My parents live north central MA. Last year I took my dad one day...but the day we went, the practice was closed to the public. I promised him that I would take him this year. He reminded me when I called him on father's day. He is 84 years old. I'm trying to schedule a week for me to drive up. Is there any particuliar week that would be better?

tdw777 said:
I'm planning on driving up from Pittsburgh. My parents live north central MA. Last year I took my dad one day...but the day we went, the practice was closed to the public. I promised him that I would take him this year. He reminded me when I called him on father's day. He is 84 years old. I'm trying to schedule a week for me to drive up. Is there any particuliar week that would be better?

I would think the first couple weekes. IIRC after that they dont open it to the public anymore and they go into normal practice mode.

TomBradyWoot said:
Sure would help a ton, I made the trip flying last year for the Chargers game ( great game btw, not) and I drove up to see the Tampa game. Flying is so much easier but 3.5 times more expensive.

Well there's you, me, and Tom, plus whatever offspring and womenfolk, and I don't think we could fill a charter plane like that. Looks like some heavy lifting on everybody's part to do the drive up and back, caravan or no -- but at least we could organize our own little chunk of Razor Heaven if we finagled the right size block of tix. Something to think about.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye