PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp Start Date Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait. I will attend the opening weekend as usual and the joint sessions vs Philly. Plus anything else I can squeeze in. SBB's notes will be posted here. Love me some training camp!

I think my favorite thing about this board is the training camp reports. Sure, they're subjective and often don't mean much once the regular season rolls around, but getting live perspective from other posters makes the preseason move a little quicker. Thank you to everyone who does so!

I will be attending as many sessions as my lazy lifestyle allows...which means most of them.

Man am I glad they are starting early. Will be in the area visiting for just a couple of days that week and now will be able to take the family to the 7/24 practice! I thought we'd get shut out of TC this year due to our tight schedule.

(Then 2 weeks later get to see them down here when they practice with the Redskins!).

I will be attending as many sessions as my lazy lifestyle allows...which means most of them.

We should meet up and insult each other in the stands...
Just during there-workiut stretching, must focus on the practice

I have been a regular at TC for several years. Here are few tips for those who might not be.

1. If you only have time to go to a few each year, try and make sure the ones you go to are the ones where they are in Pads. The T-shirts and short ones can be boring at times

2. If you are going to go with friends and family, get there early so you can get as high in the stands as you can. If you are going alone, you can come a bit later and wait until after the stretching and walk throughs are over and squeeze in as I usually do.

3. If you want to view anything about the OL and DL bring binoculars, because trying to guess what's happening on the far fields is a losing proposition.
4. Plan your trip. You can't see everything. Better to decide which position or player or 2 you want to concentrate on beforehand, and do it. Otherwise all you can get are vague impressions.

5. The best practices to go to are the ones with another team. I get there early for those gems.

6. Don't be shy sharing your impressions with the rest of us. Because there is so much to see, the more eyes and reports the better. Your impression is just as valuable as anyone else's.

Last edited:
Wear a hat and bring water. It's hot.
They hand out printed rosters of players & #s. Get one before you hit the stands.
It is difficult to find out if they're gonna practice in pads or not
Ken's point about the scrimmages vs a visiting team cannot be emphasized more. Terrific!

Some things are subtle, others not. I noticed right from the get go that spectacularly built Chad Jackson's very existence pissed Brady off. At 1st he'd impatiently motion to the doofus to go to a different lineup, then would yell at him, then glares and after ignoring him, and suddenly CJ never practiced with Brady's squad any more. I liked the pick but soured on him right away after a few visits to camp. Ever the homer, I anticipated a 2nd year improvement but when in the 1st week of season 2 camp Brady, disgusted with a route he'd run followed by an improper lineup, waived him off the field where he nonchalantly yukked it up on the sidelines, I knew he was done. I wish reporters watched this stuff.

Years previously it was immediately apparent that Curtis Martin, Ty Law and Deion Branch were instant standouts. In the same rookie camp as The Twig, hands of stone rookie TE Daniel Graham looked awful. Never lined up correctly either. But the guy had talent and worked to learn the offense falsifying my initial too rapid conclusions.

2. If you are going to go with friends and family, get there early so you can get as high in the stands as you can.

Something tells me that the Patriots organization as well as the state of Massachusetts would not be okay with that sort of behavior in public.

Didn't Brady once ask that the fans get lubed up pre-game before the PC chronically offended got on his ass?

Man.. saw the "24th" and excitedly fooled myself into thinking it was today. :(

Now Ive wasted the afternoon updating the site every 2 minutes wondering where the hell are everybody's observations were!

... which I love btw, thank you to those of you that are kind enough to take the time to make them.

As an aside, I really miss Mrs. B's updates. :(

I usually try to attend 1 training camp per year, this year, wont happen. My wife is pregnant and due in september, so we have to stay within an hour of the hospital.

Hope you name the baby Joe or Josey....:eek:( oh...wait)

I usually try to attend 1 training camp per year, this year, wont happen. My wife is pregnant and due in september, so we have to stay within an hour of the hospital.

They got urgent care right at gillette.

They got urgent care right at gillette.
That is true, but the copay is 1000 for that. At our hospital, we've already met the deductible which is 2000 for just my wife alone.

Awesome please bring back reports from training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes