PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training camp news: Patriots to practice with Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which now begs the question, re-arrange vacation time or not?

I took 7 days off starting 7/28 returning 8/6 and I scheduled this to coincide with the first days of Camp. But the first two days are not even padded practices and I think I should switch some of the first few days for days on the backend to attend these.

I went a couple years ago and it was definitely more entertaining then an average practice.

I haven't missed the first day of camp in almost a decade and not sure I want to start now.

Tough choice.

Nice, I love reading the impressions from these joint practices.

Roger Goodell will be watching this closely.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Roger Goodell showed up at some point and held another one of his sham, dog and pony show press conferences like he did back in 2010(?). I was there for that one, as was Tunescribe I believe, and a few other members of the board.He sat there as the handlers seated at least a 100 "season ticket holder fans" from the crowd and instructed them as to what would be allowed and where to sit. We were told "no Spygate questions under any circumstances whatsoever" and the commissioner's little gophers kept anybody/everybody who wanted to ask questions on the fringe in the background, standing up. EVERYBODY there knew what this was...Bob Kraft was doing a little image building in Roger's behalf and set it up this way...a cute little session of softball lobs to the plate so Babe Goodell could swat them out of the park, as everyone laughed and chuckled and forced smiles. Total joke....and I understand completely what Mr. Kraft was doing.

Goodell faces another media onslaught when THESE practices take place. Everyone, except the most naive superfans of Roger the Great, knows what's coming....like a Mad magazine episode of Spy vs. Spy...there will be the endless comparisons, the NFL.com gagfest of ex-player arguments about which incident is worse, "new!" revelations by the league that turn out to be rehashed issues already put out there by Goodell. I expect the ol' gunslinger Omish, the Will Kane of the NFL, to come out guns blazing at another pre-packaged, sanitized photo op and interview where he will declare the state of the league to be the best it's ever been and how he and the league are moving forward to a greater future...the football promised land. He'll say zero about anything to do with Bountygate and certainly will allow nothing even remotely smelling of spygate to come up. He'll smile and wave to the assembled "fans" and leave with an even bigger raging inferno of questions than when he showed up.

Any Patriot fan that lives within 200 miles of Foxboro knows what the local media sharks are going to be up to...blood in the water feeding frenzy. The Saints think they've been under the spotlight down there in N.O? I'd love to know what the motivation is to hold these practices at THIS time, with THIS issue boiling and roiling, up here in Foxboro. I cannot wait for B.B. to face the press after the first day.Listening to him drone on in generalities as media members twitch and roll around in the background like their heads are about to explode promises to be delicious.

I am definitely going to as many of these practice sessions as the Pats allow....shoot a ton of pics and some video to post here. I urge anybody from here who is attending to bring cameras or I -phones or whatever...this promises to be a special part of the preseason.

Last edited:
Which now begs the question, re-arrange vacation time or not?

I took 7 days off starting 7/28 returning 8/6 and I scheduled this to coincide with the first days of Camp. But the first two days are not even padded practices and I think I should switch some of the first few days for days on the backend to attend these.

I went a couple years ago and it was definitely more entertaining then an average practice.

I haven't missed the first day of camp in almost a decade and not sure I want to start now.

Tough choice.

I understand your dilemma. There is definitely something special about the first day of camp.

I took the first full week of August off AND I also took 7/26 off (first day).

Sean Payton to act as a special advisor to the Patriots? Nice little loophole there to assist in the Saints coaching. ;)

Last edited:

To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Gillette Stadium for Patriots Training Camp, the following items are prohibited:

Video Cameras
Flags will be allowed (no more than 2 feet in length)
Any alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind (including knives)
Illegal drugs or any other illegal substance
Coolers
Fireworks or pyrotechnics
Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
Noise makers
Bullhorns and air horns
Helium balloons
Beach balls
Laser pens
Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management

No prohibited items will be accepted at training camp for safekeeping. Fans are reminded to please leave all such items secured in their vehicles. Individuals with possession of a prohibited item(s) may be denied admission to training camp, ejected, arrested and prosecuted. Prohibited items that are discovered at training camp will be confiscated.

Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management...gee...I wonder what THAT encompasses?...heh...

"hey!why are you guys throwing ME out???"

"Your face has been deemed inappropriate...now GET OUT...and STAY OUT!

Looks like I'll have to wear a Goodell mask...oh...wait....:D

Last time they did this it was a good show, and worth the price of admission..

Last edited:

To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Gillette Stadium for Patriots Training Camp, the following items are prohibited:

Video Cameras
Flags will be allowed (no more than 2 feet in length)
Any alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind (including knives)
Illegal drugs or any other illegal substance
Coolers
Fireworks or pyrotechnics
Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
Noise makers
Bullhorns and air horns
Helium balloons
Beach balls
Laser pens
Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management

No prohibited items will be accepted at training camp for safekeeping. Fans are reminded to please leave all such items secured in their vehicles. Individuals with possession of a prohibited item(s) may be denied admission to training camp, ejected, arrested and prosecuted. Prohibited items that are discovered at training camp will be confiscated.

Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management...gee...I wonder what THAT encompasses?...heh...

"hey!why are you guys throwing ME out???"

"Your face has been deemed inappropriate...now GET OUT...and STAY OUT!

Looks like I'll have to wear a Goodell mask...oh...wait....:D

Simple solutions...

1. Bring your iPhone.
2. Bring a flask.
3. Bring a key chain pocket knife.
4. Bring a nasal spray bottle laced with coke.
5. Wrap the flask with a soft ice pack.
6. Bring sparklers.
7. Do the Richard Gere thing and hide a gerbil in your rectum.
8. Bring a dog whistle and let the service dogs howl and make noise.
9. Bring a vuvuzela.
10. Bring empty balloons and fart into them until they fill with gas.
11. Bring decompressed beach balls and blow them up in the bathroom.
12. Bring a laser pointer instead.

Simple solutions.

The pats should not be with the saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes