PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trading out of the first round completely... hear me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we traded up for Ingram or Cox I'm all for trading down perhaps even trying to snag both of St. Louis' second rounders. I've pretty much been watching all the highlights on the early round talent and I'm not really sold on any of the players in the first that we cold reasonably go after.

I totally want them to trade out of the frist round, loading up from the 2nd round on.

Bump for an interesting topic...

Competing threads ..... like dueling guitars at a rock concert?

With Light retiring we have an additional need, I like Nate Potter as a developmental tackle in the 3rd-4th round.

I could buy into this too.

At least you were able to keep up with all of the picks. One of these days Belichick is going to misplace one of the damn picks, we'll have so many.

So it'd be 4 second round picks this year, and 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year again?

I'm all over it.

I agree.
People get too excited over picking in the 1st rd., as if its the only place that top level talent is drafted. In reality both of our 1sts are only a few picks shy of bring 2nd rounders.
lets not forget that Rob Gronkowski was a2nd rd. Pick... And I personally wouldn't trade him for any top 10 pick that year.

As long as vinny curry is one of the second round picks, i don't care.

To add to my 1st post, I think we, as fans, get too caught up in 1st rd player/talent, 2nd rd. Player / talent etc....
When in reality, nfl teams view players value/rank as a 1-100+ format.
So as a better way to look at it., you're not trading an exalted 1st rd., player for a less desirable pair of 2nd rounders, but more realistically, trading the 27th best player (in some peoples eyes) for maybe the 33rd and 49th best players. So in reality you can grab another top 50 talent for only sliding back 6 spots. Furthermore, that player you passed on at 27 could be a #27 value (according to your ratings) but be a position you have no need for, like QB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back