PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trading for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The general consensus is that this year's draft class is not as strong. The last time('03/'04?) that was the case the Patriot's wisely traded out of the 1st round to stockpile for the following year's draft. I'm convinced that will be their intention going into this weekend as well.

Now the only thing left to do is find(another sucker) this year's Ravens. With QB prospects Beck, Edwards & Stanton shooting up the boards of late, we could have several teams interested in trading up to #28.

Tampa Bay, Atlanta & yes of course Miami all have 2 picks in the 2nd round & could potentially be looking for a QB. Acquiring #35, #39 or #40 of this year & an additional 3rd round pick for 2008 would be ideal IMO. More than likely David Harris or Eric Weddle will still be available.

If Oakland takes CJ, they may want to move up to 28 to take Edwards, who has lots of experience playing for crappy teams.

The bonus of picking 28 is that it's just a couple of spots ahead of Chicago, who have done nothing so far to improve their QB position. Surely they don't still believe in Grossman. If the Bears are who we think they are, they'll get a QB at 31.

chargers are about to get a 2008 1st round pick for michael turner

Of course everyone wants to talk about Randy Moss, but I think the bigger coup was acquiring SF's 1st round pick in '08. Essentially they dealt Deion Branch for a 1st round pick & Randy Moss! :rocker:

I no there's very little risk in bringing in Randy Moss, but I have to be objective(yes Felger we CAN be objective here in New England) & say that there's a reason why Moss is only worth a 4th round pick. He's not a good guy. I cringe at the thought of him holding up that Lombardi Trophy as a member of the Patriots. With that said, the excitement out weighs the negatives & I look forward to what this offense can do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing