PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a publicity stunt to show just how badly they will do anything to win, to further peak someone like Nnamdi's interest.

There is no way they can sign all these people, they could just be talking up a storm until one agrees then tell everyone else 'sorry you took too long'.

Well regardless--one thing's for sure. They aren't sitting back waiting for something to fall out of the sky, as they are at least currently shopping around for viable improvements to the team. Whether or not that is the correct approach or not remains to be seen, but they certainly have some kind of plan in place.

I'm sure we have a good plan too though, but I have a strong feeling it isn't going to involve targeting any high profile FA's.

WR Sidney Rice is torn between staying with Minnesota, or going to Seattle, so all talk of him is gone. Santana Moss re-signed with Washington. Charles Johnson is off the market too now. Ike Taylor re-upped with Pittsburgh a few minutes ago--lots of big time names being highly pursued immediately.

Well regardless--one thing's for sure. They aren't sitting back waiting for something to fall out of the sky, as they are at least currently shopping around for viable improvements to the team. Whether or not that is the correct approach or not remains to be seen, but they certainly have some kind of plan in place.

I'm sure we have a good plan too though, but I have a strong feeling it isn't going to involve targeting any high profile FA's.

WR Sidney Rice is torn between staying with Minnesota, or going to Seattle, so all talk of him is gone. Santana Moss re-signed with Washington. Charles Johnson is off the market too now. Ike Taylor re-upped with Pittsburgh a few minutes ago--lots of big time names being highly pursued immediately.
The Jets are on the fast track to becoming a PR monster. Rex and Tannenbaum have been very good at this in the past couple of years. It doesn't matter if something does or doesn't happen just make sure you're in the press.

Frankly, it's good business on their behalf. Rex is attempting to make it seem that the Jets are very active and an attractive landing spot for players who want to be contenders.

Last edited:
The Jets are on the fast track to becoming a PR monster. Rex and Tannenbaum have been very good at this in the past couple of years. It doesn't matter if something does or doesn't happen just make sure you're in the press.

Frankly, it's good business on their behalf. Rex is attempting to make it seem that the Jets are very active and an attractive landing spot for players who want to be contenders.

Yes, I agree that they are constantly putting themselves in the news. You also have a good point when talking of their constant 'lure' to other potential players.

I do however, still question exactly 'HOW' they are able to constantly target bigger name players + go after their own too.

I'll wait for someone who is more familiar with their cap specifics to chime in, possibly Andy or MoLewisRocks, but that likely won't be until tomorrow. Common sense says that they will just convert the funds into a guaranteed signing bonus that is spread out over the course of the next couple/few yrs, thus lowering his overall cap hit this yr. That is something that TFB has done here, and any type of help will be worth something, I'd imagine. I guess they are going to rob Peter to pay Paul, so to speak--and one would think that eventually it will catch up with them. However, each season is entirely different, and there will be more/less important FA's due every yr + an increased salary cap too. Whatever the deal is, they certainly are becoming creative to try and build upon an already competitive team. I expected them to be in worse shape, but that does not appear to be the case as much as some of us predicted.

I wonder too, how much impact Sanchez could actually make in regards to deferring or lowing his overall numbers?? They keep speaking of this "unity," this cohesiveness and togetherness that they all have for the good of the team. I suspect that it will take more than just Sanchez to make a difference in terms of salary adjustments though.

Here is a direct quote (courtesy of PFT.com/NBC sports):

“Whatever it takes, whether it’s adjusting contracts, delaying payment, whatever we have to do, our team will do it,” Sanchez said today, in comments distributed by the team. “I know that. We’ll be unselfish with it. We’ll get it figured out.”

Asked to clarify whether that meant he had considered making changes to his own contract to help the team’s salary cap situation, Sanchez answered, “Absolutely, and my agent’s already talked to me about it. Whatever we need to do to win, it’s on. I think our whole team feels that way. If it’s [Darrelle] Revis, me, whoever–it doesn’t matter. So, we’ll do whatever we can.”

Last edited:
If you're building a football team where do you start? 1. Franchise QB 2. Franchise players on the lines.

1--We can all agree--Quarterbacks
2--Would have to be Quarterback killers.
All you have to do is see who is PAID the most in the league, DL make alot more $$ than OL. LTs are catching up but they arent as valuable and dont make the cheese a Quarterback killer does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back