PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It freaking figures....The NYJ are the first team to show interest in Nnamdi Asomaugh. They've contacted him and his reps, and Sanchez says he'll defer pymts or even take an actual pay cut to sign and keep both Edwards and Holmes.

Report: Jets contact Nnamdi Asomugha | ProFootballTalk
I'd be very interested to see how the Jets sign Nnamdi and extend Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards.

Very very interested.

Wonder if the Pats would try and land a big WR if jets get nnamdi...hmm

Theres no way they can get homles nanmdi and other big name can they?

Wonder if the Pats would try and land a big WR if jets get nnamdi...hmm

Theres no way they can get homles nanmdi and other big name can they?
If the Jets land Nnamdi I'd want the Patriots to have the best running game and offensive line of all time.

Scared...if they really get Nnamdi, doubt it though. Why use safeties with those two, just blitz 6 on every down.

If the Jets land Nnamdi I'd want the Patriots to have the best running game and offensive line of all time.

i am not worried about their line and RB's or TE's..just WR...they just need one more guy to stretch field

Scared...if they really get Nnamdi, doubt it though. Why use safeties with those two, just blitz 6 on every down.

As of talks now it looks like its jets and jets only..until dallas or houston makes a move....we will see. I can see him taking a cut to play with the jets...pats better have some solid WR's if that happens

Trading for high-profile veterans has not fit the Patriots M.O. these last few years.

Seems like they prefer to trade for draft picks. However, I could see them trade for a low-key veteran as training camp/preseason games unfold..

As of talks now it looks like its jets and jets only..until dallas or houston makes a move....we will see. I can see him taking a cut to play with the jets...pats better have some solid WR's if that happens
Dallas, Tampa Bay, Houston would all be serious chances.

Nnamdi and Revis would be a nightmare for receivers on the outside.

Thank goodness the Patriots are well-stocked with TE depth that features guys who can do damage down the middle of the field..

However, we all saw how the Jets gameplan in the playoff loss to funnel routes inside stymied the Patriots passing attack for stretches during that game..

I'd be very interested to see how the Jets sign Nnamdi and extend Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards.

Very very interested.

Hopefully we won't have to find out, but there was a source who was very close to him that said he wanted to go to NY way back in January.

As of right now, they are the only team to show interest, so hopefully as it goes on someone else will offer him a better deal.

Not to sound pessimistic, but I personally don't want to have to face the #1 and #2 CB in the NFL on both sides. Like you said, it would come down to our RB's/TE's/and OL--but I'm expecting lots of teams to try that approach if this ends up coming to fruition.

Dallas, Tampa Bay, Houston would all be serious chances.

Dallas' cap situation makes the NYJ look great.

How is Dallas in play for the biggest and most expensive FA on the market, when they are 20 million over the cap? They are one of the teams who are in the worst situation possible, at least that's what was reported--but I could be wrong of course.

They could either blitz or jam the middle of the field anyway, I wonder if Welker could beat them 1 on 1.

Dallas' cap situation makes the NYJ look great.

How is Dallas in play for the biggest and most expensive FA on the market, when they are 20 million over the cap? They are one of the teams who are in the worst situation possible, at least that's what was reported--but I could be wrong of course.
I never discount anything when it comes to Washington or Dallas attempting to win the PR battle in Free Agency. That's why.

Imagine the hell the Jets would be just for corner with committed money as a starting point (discounting future deals) - Asomugha's contract was the top five highest-paid quarterbacks or $16.875 million, whichever is higher & Revis' four-year $46 million deal with $32 million guaranteed.

The Jets would become the Miami Heat of the NFL. Great high end talent and shít for the rest of the roster.

Last edited:
I never discount anything when it comes to Washington or Dallas attempting to win the PR battle in Free Agency. That's why.

Imagine the hell the Jets would be just for corner with committed money as a starting point (discounting future deals) - Asomugha's contract was the top five highest-paid quarterbacks or $16.875 million, whichever is higher & Revis' four-year $46 million deal with $32 million guaranteed.

The Jets would become the Miami Heat of the NFL. Great high end talent and shít for the rest of the roster.

I agree with you, however they don't appear to be too worried about it.

They have offered Holmes, AND Asomaugh, + are into a bidding war for Chargers LB Antwan Barnes. All that and they also locked up their RT Wayne Hunter for 4 yrs today.

Something's up--b/c there were an awful lot of people on here who assumed that they were screwed due to the cap etc, yet they have been extremely aggressive so far with some big names.

Jets extend offer to free agent receiver Santonio Holmes | NJ.com

Chargers, Jets chasing Antwan Barnes | ProFootballTalk

They have offered Holmes, AND Asomaugh, + are into a bidding war for Chargers LB Antwan Barnes. All that and they also locked up their RT Wayne Hunter for 4 yrs today.

Something's up--b/c there were an awful lot of people on here who assumed that they were screwed due to the cap etc, yet they have been extremely aggressive so far with some big names.

Could be a few things, CBA is very different now, not exactly sure how it works and what is considered "real money".

Could be they are driving up prices or maybe this guy is a Baltimore guy Rex could like him as a player.

Last edited:

They are also in a bidding war with the Bills for CB Drayton Florence....this is very weird.

Could be a publicity stunt to show just how badly they will do anything to win, to further peak someone like Nnamdi's interest.

There is no way they can sign all these people, they could just be talking up a storm until one agrees then tell everyone else 'sorry you took too long'.

Could be a publicity stunt to show just how badly they will do anything to win, to further peak someone like Nnamdi's interest.

There is no way they can sign all these people, they could just be talking up a storm until one agrees then tell everyone else 'sorry you took too long'.

i was once like you and thought the same thing and then the heat signed 3 stars and still got the championship. now i know football isnt basketball but Aso could sign there he already has admitted his love for Revis and Ryan and lets face it hes made a ton of money from the raiders. it could happen will it? i hope not but i wouldnt be to scared of it because last i checked they still have suckchise as a QB and a head coach whos word is as good as useless.

They are also in a bidding war with the Bills for CB Drayton Florence....this is very weird.

Very weird. I don't see how this can all be true unless sanchez drops his salary way down to free up space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back