PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trades that do not happen...a possible reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I have heard many complain about the lack of the Patriots involvement in the Moulds trade or the fact that hey haven't made a trade. Do you think that maybe teams don't want to trade with the Pats?? Buffalo being in the same division might not want to trade Moulds here..simply put. Other teams might not wish to for other reasons. I remember the old Celts and how some teams just would not trade with the Green...could this be similar..or coming into the equation slowly?? Just a thought. Felger was ripping the team, saying how it was really a no-brainer for the Patriots completly missing the notion that maybe the Bills did not want to trade within the division.

Tough question, first of all there are not a lot trades in the NFL, last year the Pats were involved in a couple, but nothing really significant. I think the Moulds trade may have had to do with the Pats belief that the signing would have upset the salary structure they have in mind for Deion Branch. Looks like Moulds signed for 14 million for 4 years with a 5 million signing bonus, seems high for a 32 year old player who will be the second receiver on this team. If we paid that much for a #2, how much would we have to pay Deion. I also have to believe there was reluctance on the Bills part to trade within the division, for no other reason that there may be a bitter taste in their mouth after Milloy and Bledsoe.

IMO the Pats were not very seriously interested in Moulds probably also due to the fact that the price the Bills would ask us was higher then the one offered by HOU but still i feel BB and SP were not in the 'serious run' for him

just my thinking of course

ps = finally we will have this evening the NFL regular season calendar

italianpatthepatriot said:
ps = finally we will have this evening the NFL regular season calendar
when I thought Thurs??

Pats726 said:
when I thought Thurs??

i think you are right. it is thursday 6 april.

Pats726 said:
Felger was ripping the team, saying how it was really a no-brainer for the Patriots completly missing the notion that maybe the Bills did not want to trade within the division.
In addition Moulds wanted to go to Houston. That's where he's from (or where his Dad lives now, maybe both). Buffalo couldn't trade him without him doing a new contract. He wanted to go to Houston.

I remember Michael "crack" Irving, disbelief after the Dillon trade, he said, "Marvin if you want to be the champ, you are going to have to go through the Patriots, and you have just given them the one thing that they lacked".

There might be some truth to this, the Pats have also laid a few giant piles on the Bills, (Drew and Lawyer). If you go to the Bills boards, they are still crying about signing those two. You have to remember the games Antoine Smith used to lay of them after they released him, and I highly doubt that they wanted to see Moulds lighting them up twice a year.

That and the fact that the Pats will not overpay, leads to the lack of trades.

FreeTedWilliams said:
There might be some truth to this, the Pats have also laid a few giant piles on the Bills, (Drew and Lawyer). If you go to the Bills boards, they are still crying about signing those two.

Was Milloy really such a "pile" for them? I know he started with an injury....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back