PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trader Bill Mock Draft

Let's go thru the trades first. Cleveland trades 6 to Miami for 12 and 42. Miami wants Lane Johnson. Cleveland will also trade down from 12 IMO. Just not with us.

Cleveland trades 42 for Ryan Mallett. He's clearly more ready to step in and play than any of these qb's coming out this year. Also, a conditional pick next year. Can't be a first. If starts 10 or more games and .500 record in those games another 2. If less than .500 a three. If he doesn't play, no extra pick..

Buffalo wisely doesn't take a qb at 8, but Marrone wants his Cuse guy. Trades us 41 and 71 for 29. We make out a little. 640 to 730. But, that's not a big gap when a qb is involved.

I'm going by cbs rankings. Here's a link.

NFL Draft - 2013 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

2a 41 - De'Andre Hopkins - WR - Clemson - That bigger target we crave.

2b 42 - Alex Ogletree - OLB - Georgia - Will look great playing WOLB in our defense.

2c 59 Darius Slay - CB - Miss St - BB loves his SEC guys. He not Banks was their best cb last year and ran a 4.31 at the combine.

3a 71 DJ Swearinger - S - So. Carolina - Another SEC guy. I like the Adrian Wilson signing. But, don't think he's more than a 1 year stop gap. Not a fan of Gregory at SS. Just not physical enough.

3b 91 Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M - Might play more than Hopkins in 2013.

7a 226 Mike Catapano - DE - Princeton - BB loves him some smart guys.

7b 235 Chris Faulk - T - LSU - Bad knee injury. Maybe, a 1st or 2nd rounder with no injury. Will start the year on PUP and probably finish it on IR.

This is a whale of a draft. Hopkins, Swearinger, Slay and Swope I like a ton.

I love the idea of stashing Faulk on IR for a year.

The only guy on this list that I do not have on my draft board of Ogletree. If you replaced him with Barrett Jones, then we would have a near perfect draft.

PS: Somehow BB has to wind up with Burkhead of Nebrasksa. That kid is all heart and BB loves those types of players.

This is a whale of a draft. Hopkins, Swearinger, Slay and Swope I like a ton.

I love the idea of stashing Faulk on IR for a year.

The only guy on this list that I do not have on my draft board of Ogletree. If you replaced him with Barrett Jones, then we would have a near perfect draft.

PS: Somehow BB has to wind up with Burkhead of Nebrasksa. That kid is all heart and BB loves those types of players.

I had a lot of SEC guys. Was interested in hearing your opinion. Ogletree is definitely a gamble. May not even be on Pats board. I was considering Barrett Jones. Couldn't figure where he's sliding to. I damn near put him at 91 instead of Swope. CBS has him down to 98. Move Slay to 42 if we think he may not last until 59. Could move down from 59 to 70ISH and pick up a 4th. Take Barrett with that 70ish pick. Could get another olb I like with that 4th in Gerald Hodges - PSU.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back