PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade with the Skins for 2008 # 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Peter King has us trading with the Skins. I would do it.
You know they will be drafting low again next year.

24 DE Jarvis Moss Florida Jr. 6-6 250
TRADE: Dan Snyder can't resist, and the Patriots are perfect partners. Washington deals a first-round pick in 2008 to move into the late first-round area to get a guy they really need -- a defensive end for the future, which they don't have.

TRADE: Dan Snyder can't resist, and the Patriots are perfect partners. Washington deals a first-round pick in 2008 to move into the late first-round area to get a guy they really need -- a defensive end for the future, which they don't have.

I would do it if there isn't someone there at 24 that the Pats love. There's a good chance imo that Moss makes it to 28th as well.

I would do it if there isn't someone there at 24 that the Pats love. There's a good chance imo that Moss makes it to 28th as well.

If they sweetened the pot a little bit, like a 2nd or 3rd. A straight up swap for a pick next year is a little slim value wise.

No way the Patriots make this trade. A #1 FOR A #1? Why would we do that?

Maybe the Skins are better next year and get to 10 - 6, Thats about pick # 20.

If you read between the lines, it says that the Redskins trade up into the 1st round. To me, that implies they would be including the #38 pick as well as their 2008 1st rounder.

And I'd do that in a heartbeat.

If you read between the lines, it says that the Redskins trade up into the 1st round. To me, that implies they would be including the #38 pick as well as their 2008 1st rounder.

And I'd do that in a heartbeat.

#38? The Skins don't have another pick until the 5th round.

Why would the pats make that trade? Swapping first rounders? Maybe if the skins had a second rounder to toss in. Which they dont, so it would not be worth it.

No way they trade a #1 now for a #1 next year.

Here's the trade scenario directly from 2003:From the Herald....

As for trading out to the next draft, the Pats have hit a couple home runs. That’s how they ended up with Wilfork and Wilson (trading the 19th overall pick in 2003 to Baltimore for a second-rounder and a 2004 first-rounder), and Corey Dillon [stats] (sending Miami a 2003 third for a 2004 second that they flipped to Cincinnati for the veteran running back).

However, Washington does not own any more draft picks this year until the fifth round, so I could not see the Pats trading with them like this.

That's right the Skins don't have any other 1st day picks. Thanks for the reminder. I guess put that under not gonna happen unless the Skins can add some more value somehow.

#38? The Skins don't have another pick until the 5th round.

You're right. I corrected myself in the other thread, but forgot to correct myself in this one.

No way the Patriots do this.

No way the Patriots make this trade. A #1 FOR A #1? Why would we do that?

Maybe the Skins are better next year and get to 10 - 6, Thats about pick # 20.

you are exactly right, i mean what if the skins are real good next year and hypthetically won the superbowl. the pick would be #32 and the pats lose on the investment. there needs to be a 2nd rounder involved or the pats swap their 3rd for the skins 2nd

I have us trading with the Skins #6 for 2007 - and in fact suggested this possibility months ago.

As I felt then, and as was confirmed by BB on WEEI a few hours ago, a great many teams are trying to trade down out of the top 10. This means, according to BB (and me) that those teams are going to have to accept below "trade value chart" value if they want to make it happen.

So while 24 & 28 don't equal #6 in trade chart value, it is a fair trade considering the current environment - as well as the fact that the salaries for both late 1st round picks will be less than #6.

For those of you who say BB would never do that trade, I think he knows that #6 picks - if chosen wisely - can also offer BIG value to a team (I never heard too many people complaining that Seymour failed to play up to the level of his rookie contract!)

So I'm sticking with my original prediction from months back of the Pats trading up to #6. My thought is that Landry is the best sure fire pick at #6 - and one that will secure a Patriots need there.

While there should be some good LBs there I think BB would prefer to trade to bring in a proven player, rather than a rookie who might not be ready for primetime for awhile. I think Landry is really a sure thing - and I also think that Safety has become just as much as a foundation of our defense as LB always has been.

The bottom line is that the Pats could start a Super Bowl team even without drafting one player - so there won't be a need for quantity this year - just quality.

Now if they trade down and stockpile picks for next year, you won't find me making a peep of complaint either - but I'm going with a trade up to #6 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots