PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TRADE Wes Welker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, let's trade our most reliable receiver who also happens to be the receiver our HOF QB trusts the most. As a contender, it would really be a good move...

Short answer: NO F'N WAY

Last edited:
Let's just trade EVERYBODY...then everyone will be happy for a few days...before everyone starts asking to trade everybody new we just got in trade...after all, the NFL IS a business and business involves free trade and....damn...just shoot me now...I can't live through another season of this crap...:stars2:

**** this thread ! Welker has been the heart of this offense for a long time now. He is easily our most consistent receiver + a pain in the ass to deal with it. Even if he had a drop in production by his standards he still had a great year all things considered( horrible injury)

Hey thread starter, please go back down to your parents basement.

I'm not using 2009's stats at all, but ESPN's splits of Welker's production by number of TEs on the field in 2010. I'd have to go find the post with the exact stats, but when taking Welker's stats as a percentage of Brady's (aka, what percentage of Brady's completions and yards were to Welker), he contributed around 30% of Brady's production in 0 and 1 TE sets, and closer to 15% in 2 and 3 TE sets. From a pure numbers standpoint, Welker is right around half as productive in multiple TE sets.

Branch's numbers aren't as reliable (since I can't just look at Brady's number of TEs splits for the games Branch played in), but with the numbers that were there, his production jumped by about 50% when he played with multiple tight ends. That's a little sketchy, but it at least shows that it isn't a WR-wide thing on the team to lose production with extra TEs.

**** this thread ! Welker has been the heart of this offense for a long time now. He is easily our most consistent receiver + a pain in the ass to deal with it. Even if he had a drop in production by his standards he still had a great year all things considered( horrible injury)

first off...you are immediately going to run into big problems if you try to **** this thread...1)at the present time there is no known world wide web form of contraception...we don't want a bunch of little ba$tard %'s,@'s,&'s and !'s running around underfoot...and 2)there is no way to know if this thread is even of legal age and we don't need any more Sanchez's around here...one's enough...

Chad Johnson
Wes Welker
Julian Edelman (Wes 2.0)
Brandon Tate
Deion Branch
Taylor Price (played well in his limited time last year)

That's 6 WR's.

We could easily ship Wes and not miss a beat. He's older now and didnt have such a great season last year.

What do you think we could get for West? Would you want to trade him?

You are like a fart in an oxygen tank ... seriously ... don't think and post.

This is EASILY that wort post in the history of this forum. And that's saying something.

a long season ahead but this could be the worst thread of the year already.

Here's MrNat from january:

Branch
Welker
Tate

and today Edelman and Price both showed they're fully capable of starting in the NFL (I think we already knew that about Edelman anyways, but this reaffirmed it).

honestly if we draft another WR there's no way he gets on the field. And if he does, it just takes more PT away from good players like Edelman and Price that can't get many opportunities as it is.

Last edited:
I'm not using 2009's stats at all, but ESPN's splits of Welker's production by number of TEs on the field in 2010. I'd have to go find the post with the exact stats, but when taking Welker's stats as a percentage of Brady's (aka, what percentage of Brady's completions and yards were to Welker), he contributed around 30% of Brady's production in 0 and 1 TE sets, and closer to 15% in 2 and 3 TE sets. From a pure numbers standpoint, Welker is right around half as productive in multiple TE sets.

Branch's numbers aren't as reliable (since I can't just look at Brady's number of TEs splits for the games Branch played in), but with the numbers that were there, his production jumped by about 50% when he played with multiple tight ends. That's a little sketchy, but it at least shows that it isn't a WR-wide thing on the team to lose production with extra TEs.

Even disregarding the injury, which may have lowered the numbers last year, and certainly invalidates the 'study' since it's not taken into account, why wouldn't you expect that having 2 TEs taking up middle space would impact Welker, a slot guy, more than Branch, an outside guy? That's not a matter of production, it's a matter of increased options. It's also been the pattern since 2008. That doesn't mean you get rid of the receiver.

Gronkowski only had 9 receptions when the Patriots were in 4 wide receiver sets. They need to cut his ass immediately.

Last edited:
YEAH......

We're getting Megatron in return right??? :confused:

first off...you are immediately going to run into big problems if you try to **** this thread...1)at the present time there is no known world wide web form of contraception...we don't want a bunch of little ba$tard %'s,@'s,&'s and !'s running around underfoot...and 2)there is no way to know if this thread is even of legal age and we don't need any more Sanchez's around here...one's enough...

Post of the month. :rocker:

Bonus points for JEST mocking. :D

Taylor Price (played well in his limited time last year)

What is this limited time that you speak of? He didn't play until week 17.

All of that said, I still don't get how Welker is supposed to be expendable. Edelman can't just step in and do what Welker does. Even if he could reliably stay on the field, which he can't, it would be a substantial downgrade.

This is EASILY that wort post in the history of this forum. And that's saying something.

Unfortunately, it's not even close. Maybe if someone calls Welker a dog-faker, though...

Last edited:
I'd like to thank the O.P. for starting this thread. It started a chain reaction which lead to my rereading my posts (and a fair amount of others) from the Trade Brady megathread. It was a nice, leisurely stroll down amnesia lane.

unless Chad Ochocinco can return to he's 2007 form of 90+ rec and 1400+ yerds when he was still in he's 20's it really makes no sense to trade a guy who has averaged over 100 rec the last 4 years and hope a guy who had 7 rec last year will take he's place

The only two WRs who are a lock to make the team at this point are Welker and #85. Welker might be the single hardest player to replace on this roster. His skillset is as unique as it gets.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of Tate, Branch, or Price get the axe.

How does one give negative stars to a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes