PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade up scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.

patman52

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Picking up on cupofjoe1962's thread on trading up for Fairley, Who and what would you give up for in a trade up

Fairly 17 + 32
Quinn 17 + 64:)
Dareus 17 + 74

Picking up on cupofjoe1962's thread on trading up for Fairley, Who and what would you give up for in a trade up

Fairly 17 + 32
Quinn 17 + 64:)
Dareus 17 + 74

If they really could get Dareus for #17 + 74, that would be a steal...I think you're dramatically undervaluing him. He has flexibility to play in a lot of fronts, and IMO is a lock for the top 10.

I wouldn't trade that much to get Fairley. I keep hearing the comparison between Suh and Fairley. On talent alone, you make that deal right now. There is a difference between those two guys, discipline.

It will show up in the NFL.

My trade up would be 32 to 19 or 20. I think we can get an olb or de at 17. But, don't want to wait until 32 for the other. 32 and 64 for 20(TB). A lot of the playoff teams run a 3-4 and don't want to see our guy snatched up by a rival. Not sure what specific players yet. Say we get R. Kerrigan at 17. Then trade up for Heyward or C. Jordan at 20.

17 + 32 .......950+590=1540.....Betweeen 6th and 7th pick
17 + 64........950+270=1220.....Between 11th and 12th pick
17 + 74........950+220=1170.....Between 12th and 13th pick

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Last edited:
My trade up would be 32 to 19 or 20. I think we can get an olb or de at 17. But, don't want to wait until 32 for the other. 32 and 64 for 20(TB). A lot of the playoff teams run a 3-4 and don't want to see our guy snatched up by a rival. Not sure what specific players yet. Say we get R. Kerrigan at 17. Then trade up for Heyward or C. Jordan at 20.

Doesn't Jordan duplicate what Kerrigan already brings to the table?

Is Heyward really a 3-4 DE? Seems to me like a better fit in a 4-3.

Doesn't Jordan duplicate what Kerrigan already brings to the table?

Is Heyward really a 3-4 DE? Seems to me like a better fit in a 4-3.

Jones, I have a LOT of respect for you, but "Jordan = Kerrigan"??? :eek: :bricks:

Trading up is as fool's game. Which is why we so very rarely indulge in it. This said, this year could be an exception... we may have almost no need to fill spots, unless of course, we expect their to be an expansion of the roster under the new contract.

I say hang on to what we got, and trade for one additional pick for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back