Trade Rumors Swirl, Lloyd to Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Trade Rumors Swirl, Lloyd to Patriots?
By: Derek Havens

Early Sunday afternoon, Fox Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer reported New England was one of three teams in the running to acquire Broncos WR Brandon Lloyd. ...

sign the beast.

sign the beast.

x2

beauty_and_the_beast-4982.gif

Would add the deep threat this offense is missing. I also read that he has really good hands beyond 20 yds or something like that, he rarely drops passes.

If they sign Loyd i think Ocho's Career :rolleyes: with the pats is Over.

rather give price a change. wes , branch are old guys ,we need youth guys atleast 1 or 2 option as brady career ends.

this guy is also 30 yrs old. also 4.75 million bonus that ocho took.

Last edited:
rather give price a change. wes , branch are old guys ,we need youth guys atleast 1 or 2 option as brady career ends.

this guy is also 30 yrs old. also 4.75 million bonus that ocho took.

Welker's also 30, that doesnt mean he doesnt have a few good years left.

Regarding Chad's $, the money's been spent, it doesn't matter.

Welker's also 30, that doesnt mean he doesnt have a few good years left.

Regarding Chad's $, the money's been spent, it doesn't matter.

Disagree , i see 2-3 yrs from now. we resign wes and he becomes the elder wr option and 3rd down option our TE stays. time to see if we can develop younger faster guys.

problem with outside guys is when they lose 1 step in speed its all over as ocho and moss showed us. we have wes and TE to run around between the hashes.so why get some one to come and develop for next year ?. He has to be signed for a contract at the end of year

I know gaffney and cadwell did the in year thing but they where also 1-2 optiosn so brady worked with them everydown. Loyd will be 3-4 the option and will get so few snaps i wonder if he will learn the offense and contributed in the limited play/practice time.

satz

Last edited:
Would add the deep threat this offense is missing. I also read that he has really good hands beyond 20 yds or something like that, he rarely drops passes.

He used to drop a ton of easy passes, but make the ridiculously difficult ones. That's what got him a bad rap for a long time. It seems like he has sorted out that issue. His talent isn't in question, it was always a mental thing with him.

Please make this happen! He's everything Chad isn't. You know.....smart. Helps that he was in the "system" because of McDaniels . Heck, he may actually run the right route....oh boy, even line up correctly!

Although I think they need more help on Defense, this would be cool by me too. A fine By-week gift. Hello Mr. Llyod, buh-bye Ocho.

Last edited:
Disagree , i see 2-3 yrs from now. we resign wes and he becomes the elder wr option and 3rd down option our TE stays. time to see if we can develop younger faster guys.

problem with outside guys is when they lose 1 step in speed its all over as ocho and moss showed us. we have wes and TE to run around between the hashes.so why get some one to come and develop for next year ?. He has to be signed for a contract at the end of year

I know gaffney and cadwell did the in year thing but they where also 1-2 optiosn so brady worked with them everydown. Loyd will be 3-4 the option and will get so few snaps i wonder if he will learn the offense and contributed in the limited play/practice time.

satz

There's no reason why getting Lloyd means we can't develop Edelperson and Price, but having another solid option for TFB, instead of the invisible man, gives us a better chance of a SB now.

I do not see it, there are only so many touches and we have enough guys in the offensive side..

If there was a serious discussion about a 4-3 pass rusher, maybe.. but not a WR..

It rather have ANYONE on the field over that scrub who we have right now. Hell even Slater is better.

Given what the other brother Gronk had to say about Denver's offense being similar to the Pats, Lloyd's time getting up to speed could be minimal with the bye week.

Using a 4th or 5th round pick on Lloyd would be a steal if he was drafted out of college.

alot of the arguments have stated that the pats use a heavy 2 TE set...while true, I think its worth asking whether the pats run that set most of the time because

a. the TE duo is so dynamic you want them on the field at all times
b. we have no reliable option at 3rd WR

im sure its abit of both, but do you want someone like hernandez who is pretty injury prone playing heavy snaps later in the season??

7snaps for ocho is pretty foreboding.....Belichick decided to trade for a receiver like Ocho(and now interest in lloyd) over tate for a reason...he must feel that the pats need a solid 3rd WR option to play more 3 WR sets..and save welker, hernandez, branch from getting "lit up" 6-7times a game

Lloyd has experience with the system under Mcdaniels(who apparantly ran the same offense) so he should be able to assimilate easier.

I wouldnt be surprised to see some moves made today..

I do not see it, there are only so many touches and we have enough guys in the offensive side..

If there was a serious discussion about a 4-3 pass rusher, maybe.. but not a WR..

Samsonite Make Your Case: Should the Patriots trade for Jared Allen?

Patriots considering Jared Allen? 29 years of age, last 4 years' sacks:

2007: 15.5
2008: 14.5
2009: 14.5
2010: 11.0

And so far, in just 6 games in 2011: 9.5 sacks.

This is a guy that is definitely worth a first round pick. The Pats have two of them for next year. Try to get away with a 2nd and a 5th, but if you have to, spend your worst 1st rounder. The guy is a monster.

with the guys on PUP who are coming up; there will be some tough personnel decisions coming. If this is considered an either or ocho or lloyd; i guess I would say do it. But there may not be room for lloyd either.

Although i was not overly excited about the possibility of ocho prior to the deal; I really thought he would work out better than he has. I got excited about him being a good solid (not the biggest) part of the O.
.... terribly disappointing.

part of me doesnt want to let him go; thinking he still will show up. I wonder if BB since he used to say all those great things about ocho will have any more difficulty letting him go than he had with lawyer or seymour etc. Those guys had more current upside at their time than ocho has shown.

I think bill sees the need for a playmaker at the #3 wide receiver spot to beat the elite teams in the playoffs especially if Hernandez is hurting like he was against the Jets last year...brandon tate wasnt a guy you wanted to rely on to make the big play

looking into trading for Lloyd(and ocho only finding about 7snaps last game) basically shows that they dont have faith that ocho will be able to fill that role

I don't see the trade happening but based on Ocho's 7 snaps only and the offense as a whole's struggles yesterday it certainly increases the motivation to consider a possible upgrade for a team headed for post season.

I don't like this deal. We have Price and Ocho struggling to get on the field because we're doing so many 2 WR/2 TE/1 RB sets.

I think Price has a lot of upside and I think Ocho can still be a valuable pickup for this team.

If we're going to drop a pick in a trade I'd rather add a body on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back