PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Rumor: Steven Jackson to the Pats? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Florio says Steven Jackson would look good in silver and blue

Yes not as bad. Maroney carried us in late 07 and into the playoffs. We committed to the run and he produced. He broke his shoulder last year, not his fault. And when he's had holes this year, he's produced. Granted, he does dance when there's no hole, but what can you do? The main difference between Maroney and our other backs is that when there's no hole, Morris, Taylor, Faulk, will run straight into the pile, while Maroney dances and tries to go outside and lose a yard or two. It's not a good play and he needs to realize that he can't outrun people in this league, but I don't believe for one minute that he's done here.

I don't either. I've been a Maroney apologist the entire time. However, for me, there is no question. If we can trade Maroney for Jackson and anything less than a first round pick, do it, and do it fast. Jackson would be a beast in our offense.

Well I was thinking Maroney +Pats 2011 first rounder for Nmandi Asomugha

and then (BJGE or Matt Light) +Pats 2010 third rounder for Steven Jackson

Last edited:

Way too much to give up in both cases.

Last edited:

BJGE didn't play well enough to even make the trip out to Denver,Doubt he has any trade value whatsoever.

BJGE didn't play well enough to even make the trip out to Denver,Doubt he has any trade value whatsoever.

Don't think that's true. He was one of the 45 active for Denver.

QB12

Don't think that's true. He was one of the 45 active for Denver.

QB12

There were reports last Saturday that said he did not make the trip,Don't know for certain but what I read. - He has no stats in the Denver game so I am not sure.

I gotta admit I'd be very happy if the Pats found someway to acquire Jackson this season.

First off, get rid of Bologna!!! Trade him to Dancing with the stars producers. Then we need to go after Jackson. This guy is the best RB in the NFL in my opinion considering the awful offense and O-line. He is very hard to tackle and doesn't go down easily, catches out of the back field....Hell, he is their offense. They should have changed their names to St. Louis Jackson's. He is 1st round material and has more than 4 years left...besides, thats basically how long the Pats keep any of their first rounders.

First off, get rid of Bologna!!! Trade him to Dancing with the stars producers. Then we need to go after Jackson. This guy is the best RB in the NFL in my opinion considering the awful offense and O-line. He is very hard to tackle and doesn't go down easily, catches out of the back field....Hell, he is their offense. They should have changed their names to St. Louis Jackson's. He is 1st round material and has more than 4 years left...besides, thats basically how long the Pats keep any of their first rounders.

It's not Bologna..its Laurence 'I promise I will try harder' MORONey

It's not Bologna..its Laurence 'I promise I will try harder' MORONey

Exactly...that will be the headlines in tommorrows paper. "I promise to try harder, Part 2"

I didn't think this forum had enough Maroney bashing. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of players who would look good in a Pats uniform. I bet DeMarcus Ware would look downright stunning in a Patriots uniform. Doesn't mean there is a remote chance in hell that it will ever happen.

Exactly...that will be the headlines in tommorrows paper. "I promise to try harder, Part 2"

When is the trading deadline?

When is the trading deadline?

Tuesday at 4pm...I think its 4pm but it definately is tuesday

Wow - didn't realize he was only 26 yrs old. I thought the Pats would grab him... until that trade for Dillon preceding the draft.

He could actually be a Dillon-type. Runs with power, could be greatly helped by a (hopefully soon) potent passing game. Rams should be happy to unload guys who could bring back value - they going nowhere (other than maybe LA).

Any RB that could shoulder the load of a full game would look good in silver and blue.

What is it about the Patriots where we can't get a decent RB? Other teams seem to find them with ease...meanwhile we're rotating between 2 over 30 players and one that just flat out sucks.

If a trade for Steven Jackson were to happen, I was surely scream like a little girl. :singing:

There were reports last Saturday that said he did not make the trip,Don't know for certain but what I read. - He has no stats in the Denver game so I am not sure.

BJGE was on the 45 man active roster and played against Denver. I agree that he has no trade value though.

When in doubt, you can always check the game book: http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/20091011_gamebook.pdf

Last edited:

This thread has kept me laughing, great one-liners here guys :) And I agree with the idea of sending Baloney back in Jackson's clothes, it's a crazy idea that just might work! :singing:

Johnson is still a good RB, and anyone who says otherwise is crazy, so yeah- I'd definitely take him. Wonder what it'd take to get that done- a 4th rounder?

Johnson's done, or close enough to it that it doesn't matter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes