Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trade Rondo?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by DropKickFlutie, Jan 21, 2014.

1. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Would you trade Rondo to Houston for Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, and one or two 1st round picks? This seems to be all over the news recently.

pros: get even more picks, get younger, possibly sell high on Rondo who is still a wild card back from injury (plus his personality).

cons: give up your best player, one who could be a championship player if you somehow find 2-3 other championship players
  2. rookBoston

rookBoston Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I dont see the point. Idea is to accumulate players of Rondo's caliber. Need three of them to be convincing, with Sullinger hopefully as a convincing 4th man. If we can get one player in trade (Kevin Love?) and one player in the draft (Parker? Wiggins?), then this very quickly feels like an elite team again. We've got the assets to make that happen, seems to me.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Houston is 5th in the west and Phoenix is 8th in the West.

Phoenix has 3 first round picks in 2014 but they are all lottery protected.

Here's a great link for pinks ... some of the links suck to view.

NBA Future Drafts Detailed - RealGM
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Trade Rondo for more "chips"?? I do not see it.. they have a ton of draft choices and the NBA draft is never that deep..

Finding "two or three" other championship players is a crap shoot at best...
  5. bagwell368

bagwell368 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Celt fans well overrate what Rondo is worth in a trade. Now that he's come out and refused to sign an extension, he's practically worthless for the coming year in a deal. Plus add in he's gone into a hideous 4 year tailspin from his peak (including his on ball D which started to go to hell before his injury), he's injury prone (beyond his latest injury), remains a poor leader, and past the mid point of his career is still an erratic tool who takes off about 20 games a season. On top of that the PG is the strongest position in the NBA. No, we're stuck with him, hopefully his good traits will rub off on the kids next year and then he can walk. If he goes to FA and we sign him for anything over $10M/yr for 5 years, we're wasting our money and putting off the day that we can compete for the ECF and Finals again.
  6. SalemPats

SalemPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 17 / -17

No Jersey Selected

I can't see us getting Love and Parker/Wiggins will go top 3. I don't know much about the Australian kid Exum, but if he's as good as they are saying maybe he can be the answer
  7. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +75 / 1 / -16

#11 Jersey

if i knew that the celtics couldnt sign him i would trade him. you have to get something for him. hes got one year left on his deal.