PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade proposal: Maroney for Ocho Stinko anyone?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade LoMo for Ocho Stinko

• Yes

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • They're both crap and I don't care

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This board has an obsession with completely longshot hypothetical trade scenarios.

If I were looking to move Maroney for a big name WR, it wouldn't be Johnson. I'd be calling Detroit and seeing if I could work something out for Williams.

Or Anquan Boldin even though he's not as dynamic a down field threat as Williams is. That and his face is caved in at the moment.

I bet if ocho cinco came here, he'd light up the stat sheet and be a perfect team mate.

I'd say if you want a WR for Maroney just cut him and un-retire Troy Brown! Come on, who's with me?

If I were looking to move Maroney for a big name WR, it wouldn't be Johnson. I'd be calling Detroit and seeing if I could work something out for Williams.
That works for me. Maroney has a problem. I think he has bad vision. There was a hole yesterday I could have run through and he takes it out of bounds.
Let's get it done.
DW Toys

Who would want Maroney head? Maybe Denver. They wanted him before. Maybe they can unlearn him all the stuff that we've taught him? Or not taught him? Or maybe they think they can?

Don't need Ocho Stinko.

Why exactly do we need to trade for a WR? Is that really a position you look at on this roster and think needs help?

This guy?

chad_cero_cinco.jpg

The last thing this team needs in its locker room is a cancer like Ocho Psycho.

Is this a remotely serious question? Despite his knuckleheadedness, Ocho Cinco is an elite player, probably a top 20 impact player who can make any team really dangerous just by being on the field. Maroney is a dime-a-dozen player, a running back who has no more success than other guys in his situation. As excited as I was when we drafted Maroney, I've yet to see barely any first round promise. Yeah, he's had breakout games, but so has any NFL starter. James Sanders for Champ Bailey anyone?

Firstly I wouldn't take on Stinko's cap #, which I'd imagine should be quite high. We have enough $$ invested in WR with Moss's contract. Maybe if he'd take a major paycut.

Second, I wouldn't want to part with Maroney just yet unless we can get a decent RB from somewhere cheap. Jordan hasn't stayed healthy since he got here and Morris lasted a quarter of the season in '07.

nope...i woudlnt trade LoMo for a wide reciever...

(not unless were talking top 5 in the league wr)

we dont need another WR, we need to establish the runnign game...

now if u asked to trade LoMo for one of the better tackles in the NFL....

then that i would consider

No team in there right mind would give up that much for SloMo. They can get the same production from one of their jags.

Last edited:
Are you trippin? We need running backs not WR's we don't have Brady to throw the ball 40-50 times a game..........NO

Here's a pipedream scenario. If Denver really is infatuated with Maroney... how about Maroney for Brandon Marsahall straight up? Our receiving corps would be insane.

Why would we want Marshall, ocho, or any other WR? We need O-line, and possibly secondary depth. IMHO ;)

I did say it was a pipedream. I don't think Denver would actually give anything of value to us for Maroney. But it wouldn't hurt to make the call. The worse they could do is laugh in our face and say no way.

I did say it was a pipedream. I don't think Denver would actually give anything of value to us for Maroney. But it wouldn't hurt to make the call. The worse they could do is laugh in our face and say no way.

lol, if u say pipedream, heres a better one...

we give em maroney, we get clady...LOL

i heard Ryan has been playing pretty damn well

lol, if u say pipedream, heres a better one...

we give em maroney, we get clady...LOL

i heard Ryan has been playing pretty damn well

I was actually eyeing Clady on draft day. But considering our need for youth at LB, I am fine with the Mayo pick now. Well McGahee is hurt but he's platooning with a young RB who seems to be doing quite decently. I forget the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back