PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade out of #28, take Brandon Siler in Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do mention his knee issue, but from what I can tell, their grading is of him without the injury.

Now, maybe during his pro-day he improves his vertical and his 3 cone. But, the issues of being a drag-down tackler won't change and the issues with zone coverage won't change.

EDIT: Forget what I said about his pro-day. Siler actually did WORSE in the 3 cone. So, either his knee isn't healed, which is going to drop his stock, or he has issues with changing directions on cuts.. Either way it limits him.

You're right, these raw numbers sure haven't helped him. I'm not quite willing to abandon ship based only on these workout numbers. Harris, for example, is a good coverage LBer and his 3-cone was similar to Siler's at the combine. Odell Thurman was terrific in coverage his rookie year for Cinci and had the exact same 3 cone time. Also, leg explosion can be measured not only in vertical but broad jump, and it seems Siler improved his broad jump by 7" at his pro-day, almost a foot longer than Harris' and Buster Davis', who are very sturdy in the hole. There are alot of variables here, but Siler definitely doesn't help himself with performances like these.

We won't know for at least 3 years, I would say his upside is at least as high as Willis maybe higher. I would take Willis if he were available at 24 but also think he is going to have trouble staying healthy in the NFL.

siler's 238 and ran a 4.68? pretty slow imo for a guy at 238lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes