PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think you want to go there. Both of those teams are relying on later round and UDFA home grown and developed talent. And the one who relied on their well compensated #1 who is jonesing for a better deal got disappointed over an apparent miscommunication...

Did you watch MNF? The one with the UDFA #1 prevailed because he stepped up huge and made a tough catch with a defender draped all over him because in a hard fought defensive game, because that was what it was going to take to prevail in the final analysis when a gun fight broke out down the stretch...kinda like what happened to us back in 2001 and 2003 and even 2004 when our awesome defense staggered down the stretch and kept equally explosive teams in it to the end... The only hero from any of those finishes who is going to the HOF without a ticket is the QB (and maybe the kicker). None of the receivers will because none of them were statistical, highlight reel superstars, just talented guys who busted their butts and stepped up big when opportunity knocked and the situation demanded it.

Mo, I responded to the following quote...

It's a PRETTY simple formula: Invest heavily in Defense and LIGHT on Wide Receiver/Running Back types: WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

There is no such thing as a simple exact formula to win championships.

So now the 2nd half woes are Moss' fault? Our de facto coordinators have not even earned the right to the job titles yet.

None of the superbowls were won -because- of the passing game and especially not -because- of the lack of a great receiver.

None of the SBs were won because of the passing game? :bricks:

TB was the lone differentiating factor in the Pats becoming or not becoming SB champs...and the last time I checked, TB's job was to PASS the ball.

None of the SBs were won because of the passing game? :bricks:

TB was the lone differentiating factor in the Pats becoming or not becoming SB champs...and the last time I checked, TB's job was to PASS the ball.

So TB all of a sudden started sucking after 2004? It takes more than a great QB to win a SB. You are delusional if you think you can simplify winning a superbowl to exactly one thing.

2003 and 2004 had GREAT defenses. 2004 also had Corey Dillon. But yeah, spit in all of their faces and credit only Brady for the wins. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So TB all of a sudden started sucking after 2004? It takes more than a great QB to win a SB. You are delusional if you think you can simplify winning a superbowl to exactly one thing.

2003 and 2004 had GREAT defenses. 2004 also had Corey Dillon. But yeah, spit in all of their faces and credit only Brady for the wins. :rolleyes:

I agree with you. It takes a team. But Brady is a HOF QB that was very special. We were witness to a run in the 2000's that we most likely won't see again. He hasn't played at the same high level since the knee/last SB appearance. Why? I think 1 of 3 things are possible:

1/ Moss makes the O one dimensional
2/ Brady is not the same (injury/age/different mentality)
3/ The Giants SB crushed his psyche

Clearly, he is not the Brady of old.

For those who think that Moss makes Welker:

I remember the Patriots running all over the field trying to (uncsuccessfully) cover Wes when he was a Dolphin--yet I can't remember who the other Miami receivers were. Can you?

I'm not going to say all the credit goes to Brady, but does this team win three SBs with Bledsoe at the helm?

I remember the Patriots running all over the field trying to (uncsuccessfully) cover Wes when he was a Dolphin--yet I can't remember who the other Miami receivers were. Can you?

Excellent point my man.

I agree with you. It takes a team. But Brady is a HOF QB that was very special. We were witness to a run in the 2000's that we most likely won't see again. He hasn't played at the same high level since the knee/last SB appearance. Why? I think 1 of 3 things are possible:

He's in his 2nd year since the knee injury, and it's only been two weeks...

1/ Moss makes the O one dimensional

Well that's patently absurd, Moss does not create gameplans, call plays nor make decisions for Brady.

2/ Brady is not the same (injury/age/different mentality)

2007 may very well be his career peak, but he's still a HOF QB and 1 or 1a in the league.

3/ The Giants SB crushed his psyche

The options just get worse from you...

Clearly, he is not the Brady of old.

He's not 2007, but he's better than 2003/2004. He will have the 2nd best year of his career in 2010.

Brady was Brady in 2007--with Moss. Brady has not been Brady for the most part since 2008. Hmm, what happened in 2008 that might have changed that...hmmmm....I seem to recall something....

Trade Moss and u will see the consequences.I have no doubt that Welker would make plays but this team has unproven wrs!!

I'm not going to say all the credit goes to Brady, but does this team win three SBs with Bledsoe at the helm?

Probably not, but that was never an argument...

He only had 1 really good game against us, the other 3 he had 2, 2 and 1 reception.

Moss certainly does not "make" Welker and he'd be productive no matter what with Brady throwing him the ball, but Moss does open up a lot of room underneath on top of all his yardage and TDs.

I remember Vikings fans saying the same thing about the offense after 2004 when Moss was injured. Culpepper is a beast! Our WRs behind Moss are really good and the dropoff won't be much. The cap space we save will help go towards great defensive players. We can use our great running game to move the chains.

And then in 05' the Vikings had one of the worst offenses in the league.

Lose one game and all kind of stupid schiz comes flying off this board.

Trading Moss right now would be stupid. The Pats can't get away with the WR's they have right now because they don't have a ground game to compliment them.

If the Pats traded Moss, their basically packing in the season and looking towards the future.....again.

I remember Vikings fans saying the same thing about the offense after 2004 when Moss was injured. Culpepper is a beast! Our WRs behind Moss are really good and the dropoff won't be much. The cap space we save will help go towards great defensive players. We can use our great running game to move the chains.

And then in 05' the Vikings had one of the worst offenses in the league.

Bro, your talking about Moss in his prime, and Culpepper couldn't hold Brady's jock. If Moss was in his prime, he'd have hauled in more than 2 of the 9 passes Sunday against the Jets. The dude is getting old.

Trade Moss and u will see the consequences.I have no doubt that Welker would make plays but this team has unproven wrs!!

With Moss gone, even Welker wouldn't be able to be nearly as effective as he is now. People just aren't thinking very clearly about this.

Tom has the rest of this season to prove he's over his Mossy man crush and is going to revert back to his "I see the whole field in search of my favorite receiver, the open receiver" HOF icy clutch old self.
If Tom Brady can't self correct the problem (this is not new, Brady was forcing to Moss last year and it cost them games, hilarious how fans/mediots are just discovering this problem now) then Belichick needs to correct it for him by not re-signing Moss.

Last edited:
With Faulk gone there is even less quality guys on the offense - gotta keep Moss for sure

Tom has the rest of this season to prove he's over his Mossy man crush and is going to revert back to his "I see the whole field in search of my favorite receiver, the open receiver" HOF icy clutch old self.
If Tom Brady can't self correct the problem (this is not new, Brady was forcing to Moss last year and it cost them games, hilarious how fans/mediots are just discovering this problem now) then Belichick needs to correct it for him by not re-signing Moss.

His "old" self completed passes 60% of the time, his "new" self completes them 65% of the time. Don't be delusional, there's a huge dropoff in defense from then and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back