PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a funny idea...why not trade Welker? Brady has relied and keyed in on him so much in the passing game that he seems lost at times when Welker isn't open. Maybe Welker has been the problem all along? Maybe Moss AND Welker have actually made Brady worse?

Bring David Patten back from retirement and trade Moss and Welker for Deion Branch and Mike Williams from Seattle. Wide Receiver dilemma solved. :singing:

game, set, match

great response

before starting a thread, think to yourself "Would I start this thread after a Patriots win" If no, then don't

Oh please, guys, the only trade which makes sense based on the above logic is trading Brady. At this point we could probably get a 2nd round pick, maybe a first if we are willing to take it in 2012. :bricks:

Trade him? Are you kidding? What team is going to give us something for a $9 million dollar hasbeen?

But he should be cut. He is taking up a valuable roster space that could be used by signing some UDFA WR that was cut when teams cut down from the 75 man roster.

Why has this thread not been moved to the practice squad yet?

Here's a funny idea...why not trade Welker?

The sad thing is that at some point in the last two years (I want to say this past offseason, but I honestly don't remember), someone seriously suggested trading Welker. :bricks:

Yeah, let's trade the guy who teams have to constantly roll their coverage to. It's not Moss's fault that Brady forces balls his way. Moss creates space for all of our other receivers. Brady just needs to make better decisions.

Why make another thread? It's not like this hasn't been said a few times already (and countered) in the other threads.

Read andy Johnson's thread on the Moss INTs. Haven't read it before posting? Why not? Andy makes the case that Brady made the right reads. I may not agree totally with him, but I think a lot more is going on than just Brady not making quick throws. 3rd and 13, Brady is looking to convert for a first down. If you think Brady is locking in on Moss in that situation, then I can see that you think Brady is making bad decisions. But it's not the case that he's locking in on Moss.

I am not smart enough to know who the Pats should trade away and bring in to improve the team. However, Pat's dink-&-dunk offense during super bowl years seemed to wear down the opposing defenses. Maybe that's the way to go ?

Uhhhh 2007? Remember that?

You obviously failed to read my post: "Its either that, or find a bookend for Moss, a la Stallworth, that can put so much vertical pressure on the defense, that Brady will have much easier throws down the field due to a higher incidence of down field separation."

My feeling is that without another vertical threat, 2007, was 2007. See 2009 instead.

QBs are taught to throw the ball to outside receivers in single man to man coverage with no one over the top.
Offenses work very hard to get that.
We have arguably the best deep threat the league has seen in years, and you find it bizarre that the relationship between him and the QB is that the QB throws to him when he is in single coverage????????

I respectfully disagree. QBs are taught to throw to the open receiver. What I find bizarre is that Brady has been inconsistent at best at throwing a long ball [Randy Moss -- 9 targets/2 catches against NY] but he/coaches continue to force the issue. Best to build a team around a QBs strengths, which from my observations over the past 9 years, is short to mid range passes requiring quick decision-making. It is what worked.

Last edited:
game, set, match

great response

Welker actually compliments Brady's style. I feel Moss does not. I never suggested trading Welker, so how is that game, set match? Perhaps your knowledge of tennis is better.

I respectfully disagree. QBs are taught to throw to the open receiver. What I find bizarre is that Brady has been inconsistent at best at throwing a long ball [Randy Moss -- 9 targets/2 catches against NY]. Best to build a team around a QBs strengths, which from my observations over the past 9 years, is short to mid range passes requiring quick decision-making. It is what worked.

People are taking one year (2001) and assuming that because the Patriots through short-to-midrange that year, they kept doing it. They didn't. In 2003-2004, Brady threw more longballs than anyone not named Peyton Manning.

I am not smart enough to know who the Pats should trade away and bring in to improve the team. However, Pat's dink-&-dunk offense during super bowl years seemed to wear down the opposing defenses. Maybe that's the way to go ?

Dink&Dunk was 2001.

Look up Brady's YPC in 2003 and 2004.

He went long quite often.

Trade him? Are you kidding? What team is going to give us something for a $9 million dollar hasbeen?

But he should be cut. He is taking up a valuable roster space that could be used by signing some UDFA WR that was cut when teams cut down from the 75 man roster.

Why has this thread not been moved to the practice squad yet?

^ I almost have a feeling that some of these people are Jets or Colts fans who want to make our team suck. :lol2:

Dink&Dunk was 2001.

Look up Brady's YPC in 2003 and 2004.

He went long quite often.

Roughly 7.5 YPC. I really don't recall the go for broke bombs in 2004 and 2005. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if these numbers were high because of the effectiveness of our screen game, and YAC.

^ I almost have a feeling that some of these people are Jets or Colts fans who want to make our team suck. :lol2:

I'm sure you would all be pouting if we traded him to Minny and used the assets to pick up V-Jack. Frankly, I would love to see what Brady could do with Welker, Edelman, Tate, Crumpler, Gronk and Hernandez. Send 9 more passes to them instead of Moss in the Jets game.

Seems to me Brady is no longer the Brady of old.The quick read, quick release, great decisionmaker is now a shaky, seemingly uncomfortable QB in pressure situations.

Soccer%20Fail.jpg

Soccer%20Fail.jpg

Soccer%20Fail.jpg

Roughly 7.5 YPC. I really don't recall the go for broke bombs in 2004 and 2005. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if these numbers were high because of the effectiveness of our screen game, and YAC.

Like it was yesterday, I can remember the huge bombs to Deion Branch. Heck, he caught 3 of them in one game against the Steelers. Even Bethel joined in the party with bomb TDs against the Colts and Titans.

I don't know the stats like the back of my hand anymore but I recall being in arguments with friends who insisted that Brady was a dink-dunk system QB, and I'd show that he wasn't. They kept saying the defense won the Super Bowls, even as Brady set offensive Super Bowl records for passing.

I have been saying for 3 YEARS ~ not here, obviously ~ that the likes of Moss do NOT win Championships.

They PREVENT Championships.

Test: If you have EVER found yourself saying ~ or even THINKING ~ the words "If we lose Moss, we have to replace his production." you ARE a VORTEX.

* Troy Brown?
* Deion Branch?
* Dave Givens?

3 World Championships??

Ring a BELL??
:rolleyes2: :eek: :rolleyes2:

Like it was yesterday, I can remember the huge bombs to Deion Branch. Heck, he caught 3 of them in one game against the Steelers. Even Bethel joined in the party with bomb TDs against the Colts and Titans.

I don't know the stats like the back of my hand anymore but I recall being in arguments with friends who insisted that Brady was a dink-dunk system QB, and I'd show that he wasn't. They kept saying the defense won the Super Bowls, even as Brady set offensive Super Bowl records for passing.

Perhaps it was the fact that when he threw them, the timing was more opportune...like the WR actually had separation or wasn't double covered. He seems to have an unhealthy faith in Moss coming down with anything he throws his way...maybe in Moss's prime, it would be justified. But not now.

Perhaps tossing balls Moss's way is the price we need to pay to keep him running hard. Even when ill advised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back