PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Mankins for a pass rusher/D lineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Forget trading Mankins for offensive player. Tom has enough toys and just needs to utilize them. This teams needs help on the D-line. The Pats should be talking trade with teams in need of O-line help.

Good Idea
But Who !what team would do that?

I don't think Pass Rush was a problem yesterday.

Bend not break and poor secondary play were the reasons IMHO

Trading for a WR who won't bust is a good trade regardless because it frees you up in the draft.

When you trade for a sure thing--no matter what position--it's a good trade.

screw that, the pats need him.

2 games in a row where Neal has had to come out. He's not going to last

Forget trading Mankins for offensive player. Tom has enough toys and just needs to utilize them. This teams needs help on the D-line. The Pats should be talking trade with teams in need of O-line help.
merriman's available probably haha

merriman's available probably haha

You laugh...I would trade Mankins for Merriman in a minute at this juncture.
DW Toys

The real play is Mankins to SF for Lawson and a pick. After tonite SF is 0-2.

Did Mankins sign his tender or agree to a long term deal overnight that I didn't hear about?

If he didn't, we can't talk trade with anyone for him.

Trading for a WR who won't bust is a good trade regardless because it frees you up in the draft.

When you trade for a sure thing--no matter what position--it's a good trade.

Exactly!!!

Did Mankins sign his tender or agree to a long term deal overnight that I didn't hear about?

People seem to get hung up on this. If the pats get a team to agree to a trade, I would assume there would be conversations between that team and the player on a contract, if they can agree then the Patriots would sign and trade him.

Last edited:
Wish we could....

Alex Hall was just picked up by Cardinals. He was waived (injured) by the Giants as part of their final cuts. He is a young OLB who has shown an ability to rush the passer.The Pats did put in a claim for him when the Eagles releases him during Training Camp. By virtue of having poorer record, the Giants were awarded the claim.

I don't get it??? Did they forget about him?

Why would we trade away our best and youngest guard when the team had as many issues with the interior blocking as it did on Sunday?

Good Idea
But Who !what team would do that?

Shh...don't bring up reality! Let's just play along that an elite pass rusher is fair value for an OG wanting a ginormous contract.

We can, because if a trade is agreed before; they can tell Mankins, so he can sign his deal :)

can we please make a suggestion as to who you would target? If not, then trade Mankins for an ALL PRO DE or OLB.

Seriously, who is out there and who would be willing to pay a OG top $$$...and give us an great DLineman? It just wont happen that way.

You act as if Mankins is signed to a long-term contract and is performing at an all-pro level.

Why would we trade away our best and youngest guard when the team had as many issues with the interior blocking as it did on Sunday?

You act as if Mankins is signed to a long-term contract and is performing at an all-pro level.

:confused: Once again, you lose me. Mankins WAS performing at an all-pro level. He's not signed to a long-term contract. At least one of these things should change, considering the failures of the interior O-Line. Can you guess which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots